In the Beginning

They found out. They started tests and trying to figure out what was "wrong" with him. He was just a street rat running around trying to survive. No family, home, food, nothing. He doesn't mind; it's the way he likes it. That's why he hated being treated so well, because he knew they were just doing it because of his power. He was like a lab rat: being pampered, then they run tests until you feel as if you might collapse from exhaustion.
His name was Wess, no one knew him, or his secret power, until he was seen. That night, the news blew up with theories and conspiracies on how it could be possible that "superheroes" we're living among us.
Wess was taken from the Skid Row, not the prettiest part of town, but also not the worst. He was walking to his friend's house where he usually spent his nights. Police officers came to the residence, but it took a hell of a lot of men to get Wess to come with them.
The mayor had ordered his arrest, where he was taken to the laboratory uptown. Wess wanted to leave, but they strapped him down and put guards everywhere he went.
I won't go into detail about what they did to Wess, but it was torture. No one wants to be tortured, but Wess had a secret that he wouldn't share with the world. Apparently that was unacceptable to most people.
No one went on strike or demanded to let him go, not that he had anywhere to go. There were no riots or outbursts; almost as if no one cared about him. Everyone wanted to find out what had just happened.

This was the start of a new evolution of the human race. Wess was the first of these "superheroes" to be seen, but they knew there were others.
They gathered as many suspects as possible and hand picked the best,and youngest, of them to be sent off to Vaston, where they started a new program for these super humans.
In the middle of testing, Wess escaped, and no one has seen him since.
Here is the story about students who train at Vaston, a school that WAS for soldier/assassin trainees.
Now that they have two campuses, will that stir up problems between the new students and the old?
Will new discoveries about these super humans be made?
Will Wess finally show himself?
Can we learn to live peacefully with these children, or will they destroy us in the end?