Chapter 7: Alone

*******Three Days Later*********
Ever since the party, and the moment with Cass, I could never stop thinking about my family.
Cass made me remember how we'd do anything for the ones we love. How we'd go out of our way to make sure they're happy.
I couldn't shake the idea of my parents out of my head. I was becoming a bad student, getting Bs and Cs instead of As in my best classes.
And running in the morning didn't help. That's when I had time to think. My thoughts just took control.
Is it just me, or whenever you're left alone you just start thinking of how much your life could change if one thing hadn't happened. How things would be different if you had made another decision. How if you had/hadn't met one person, your life, your world, would be a completely different story?
I think it's dangerous to be left alone, but sometimes it's helpful. You think, and you realize, how precious life is. How you will never get one moment again. It teaches you to cherish the things, people, and time you have.
On the other hand, it can be dangerous. Me being left alone; I think of every possible scenario that could go wrong in that moment, and fall into the deep dark abyss of existential crisis.
When I was alone, I thought of how Cole was a superhero, but I was just normal. That had to mean something.
It either meant that one of my parents was a superhero, and the other was normal, but I have no idea considering I never met them.
It could've also meant that both my parents were superheroes, and I was just a dud. I hated that idea.
But, on the other hand, my parents could've both been normal, and my ancestors were superheroes. That would explain Cole, but I just didn't understand.
I need to know more information on my parents, so that is exactly what I'm going to do.