Chapter 11: Just Talking

I reach my dorm room, but the door is unlocked.
I open the door slowly, in a fighting stance, ready for any intruder.
I walk in and glance over to the swivel chair at my desk, in it is a dark messenger bag- Flynn.
I walk over and pick up the bag. I make my way around the corner to our bathroom, where I stand, leaning against the opposite wall, staring at the door.
I wait until Flynn walks out.
"Oh, hey, I thought you weren't done with your talk with Patrick until..like..four-ish. I didn't hear you come in." He says, his cheeks blushing.
"What, you didn't expect me to come into my own dorm room? Who even gave you a key?" I ask sarcastically.
"Cass let me in. She had to leave for an early class, but she tossed me the key and said to lock it when I left, but I just waited for you to stop by...... I think we should talk."
"Look, Flynn, I... umm... I didn't really think things through, and I'm not sure if I can handle being in a relationship with one of my best friends."
"Oh come on, Sam! You've got to give me,us, a chance. At least let me take you somewhere. This Friday, we'll go for dinner and I'll take you to one of my favorite spots. How does that sound?"
I look into Fynn's eyes, and I can tell he's being sincere. I think things over for a second, what could go wrong, it's just Flynn we're talking about.
"Why not. I'll go, as long as you promise not to tell Cass or anyone else, especially Cole or Kyou."
"Deal. See you then." He says as he steps towards the door.
I let him out, and start to close the door, when he peeks his head back in and says," Pick you up at 8:00."
I giggle and close the door behind him.
Maybe Flynn isn't so bad after all.
I'll give him a chance.
********************************************
That night I don't know what came over me, but Friday night was all I could think about. I had never felt like this with Alex. Was this.... nerves, butterflies? I felt sick to my stomach, but a good sick. I felt, different.
There's just something about him. I think before drifting off to sleep.