Chapter Fifteen: The Dance Part Two

Our school isn't very big on themes for our formals, but this year we had a theme. Dreams. there were stars everywhere, it looked like a Tumblr room, but it was obviously bigger and was our gym. Twinkling lights were strung up along the walls and hanging from the ceiling to look like stars, and on the walls there were Tumblr quotes. The gym just looked like us, teenagers but in a more emotional way. I walked in, arm linked with Dylan and looked around. I spotted one poster, that made me smile.

H.O.P.E  Hold on, pain ends.

I did feel like it might end, my cancer that is. But sadly, I knew it wouldn't be that easy. When I was younger (before the cancer) I had social anxiety, doctors said I could overcome it. I always struggled with it and still kind of do today, but I did overcome it. This won't be like that, months of chemo and trips to the hospital. I felt like I would need to reconnect with my parents first. The reason why I've been distant to them this week is so it could lessen the pain of when I was supposed to... You know.
Dylan pulled me over to a table, which snapped me out of my depressing thoughts. A ton of people were dancing and such, but then I saw them and nearly fell over laughing. The three V's dates were my friends. In algebra, the three smartest guys happen to be the biggest nerds in the whole school. I mean, Niall was kind of cute with is brown hair and green eyes. And the glasses made him look extra cute. But the other two, Kyle and Jonathan, were completely different stories. I didn't really talk to them as much- let's just say they were... I can't even be mean. Veronica looked like she would throw up when Kyle started to dance with her. Victoria didn't seem to mind when Niall got her punch though, she ended up with the good guy. Maybe they heard all my laughter because they  looked at me using the I-will-destroy-everything-you-love look.

Everyone saw them though, and they all thought it was a mistake. The school stereotypes don't blend, I'm not joking. I see Joseph standing in the corner, staring at Dylan who looks uncomfortable. "Can you excuse me for a minute, Celia?"
"Sure." I say with a slight smile.

Sorry for the short chapter, I'll try to make next chapter longer.