Chapter 2 - Evan

We walk into biology class and I see Matt,Emily,Ashely and Chris sitting at their desks. They smile and wave at me and I wave back while heading to my seat next to Ashely. The bell rings and class starts. Our teacher begins speaking "Ok class today we will be working with partners! But, I will be partnering you with a partner." A collection of sighs and groans can be heard throughout the classroom."All right, all right settle down now please check the list on the wall to find your partner." Everyone gets up to find their partner."Ohhh me and Chris are paired!" Ashely cheers."What?!" Jessica shrieks."Looks like I'm partnered with you Mike" Emily says. "Ugh" Jessica rolls her eyes."Meanwhile I'm partnered with your, boyfriend Matt." "Ah jeez sorry babe looks like I'm with Sam" Josh says."Then who am I with?" I ask aloud. Everyone gasps at the name on the list. Evan peters.

I was in complete shock. I mean it won't be that bad right? "Ok everyone partner up!" The teacher said."Good luck" Emily muttered. I sighed and headed to my seat. I looked at Evan in the corner of my eye while getting my stuff out. He was eyeing me down. Probably with disgust. I shook the thoughts out of my head as he approached. As he came closer his details came into focus. He had pale skin, a mix of blue and grey eyes and black hair. I knew he was tall, but now that he was closer I noticed he had some build to him. Perfect skin, silky midnight black hair, beautiful eyes, perfect body. He was flawless. I eventually came to my senses I realized he was analyzing me as I was analyzing him. Probably thinks I'm weird. We both snapped out of our trance as our teacher came and passed us the materials required for the assignment. "Umm hi" he said in a velvety voice. God even his voice is perfect. "Um hello" I replied nervously. "Your Catherine if I'm correct?" "Yes, and you're Evan peters right?" "Yes" he replied with a small smile. I nodded my head and went back to observing the cells and bacteria under the microscopes. "You've been here for a while yes?" He says. God does he not remember me at all? "Umm yea three school years I believe, been here since sophomore year". "Oh? What happened to you're other school? Was it not enjoyable?" He asks looking into my eyes, somehow I felt compelled to explain and be honest. "My parents had died and I was getting bullied quite a bit, but it was also quite far as well" I replied in a monotone voice. " I'm sorry you had to go through those tragedies" he said to me. God, he looks like he really means it. "Well of course I'm enjoying myself here and I have good friends so I'm fine." He nods in understanding as we finish our work. The bell rings reminding us that the period is over."Okay guys! These will be permanent partners! Please remember this! Enjoy your day!" Our teacher yells. Great, now I'm stuck with Evan as my partner, permanently.