Chapter 3 - Trouble In Paradise

It was after class and I had left first, I was rushing to get away. But my attempt failed as Ashely ran up towards me."So? What happened? Anything interesting?" She asked. "I mean it was fine I guess" I replied."Really? That's all?" Emily said."I mean yeah what were you guys expecting, you guys have been here with him longer than me, and don't you know him Emily?" I said."I mean I've talked to him before but that slut he calls his friend keeps getting in the way" Emily ranted."Ohhh do you mean Julienne?" Ashely replied."That girl follows him everywhere" Mike said. Emily scoffed and rolled her eyes."Whatever" she said and walked away.The bell rang and we split up heading to our next class. Time had passed, and soon I was heading to lunch when I walked pass an interesting conversation I couldn't help but eavesdrop on."Did you hear?" "What?" "Apparently Josh and Sam are secretly hooking up can you believe it?! "Wow I wonder if Catherine knows, or how she feels about it?" They both giggle. Ok I won't freak out yet it's just a stupid rumor this is high school, I thought to myself. I quickly composed myself as I headed over to our lunch table. Thankfully, Ashely was the only one sitting there so far."Hey" she said."Hey" I said as I sat down."What's wrong" she said analyzing my face. I hesitated then said "Ok but you have to promise you don't tell anyone else." She quickly nodded her head."So I overheard two girls saying how Josh and Sam are together." "Like cheating?" She replied."Yea" I said."Well they are pretty close. But maybe I can find something out from Chris." She said. We waited as Chris finally came with a tray of food and sat with us. Thankfully no one else had came yet except for Matt."Hey guys" Chris said."Chris we need to ask you something" I said."Uhh sure" he replied."Is Josh cheating with Sam?" Ashely asked."Umm well-" "Answer the question" Ashely said."Well I'm not supposed to say anything, it's the bro code-" "Screw the bro code" Ashely said."Ok, ok yeah he's been secretly dating her" "What for how long?" I said."Um well for a while now. Remember that huge party at Mike's house over the summer?" "Yea" "Well yeah basically they met and we're kind of flirting for a while, and then hooked up." I was in complete shock. I tried to stay calm but the look on my face gave me away."Hey"Ashely said trying to comfort me."Excuse me I need a minute" I said getting up. I hurriedly went to go find Josh. I soon found him walking in the lunchroom with Sam. Huh typical, I thought to myself."Are you cheating on me with her?" I asked him."Babe what?" He said with a confused face."Oh don't play that innocent bullshit with me" I countered."Woah ok calm down" "No I will not calm down" I said in a loud voice. By now the whole cafeteria got quiet and stared at us."You've been cheating on me with Sam since the summer I cannot believe you!" I yelled."Woah excuse me-" "Oh shut it you skank!" I yelled. She scoffed."Ok listen it was mistake ok-" "Ha!" I laughed."Oh sure it was, you know what? I'm breaking up with you, I hope you enjoy your time with this slut." Before he could reply I slapped him."Asshole" I said as I stormed out of the cafeteria. As I was walking I could feel two sets of eyes watching me.

That day I came home I was pissed. I slammed the door as I entered."Hey" Jenna says eating a tub of ice cream."Hey" I grumbled."Whoa why do you look so mad?" "Josh happened" I replied."What happened" she said as she sat down at the table.I sighed, "I found out he was cheating on me with Sam." "Whoa for how long?" "Since the summer, bastard." "You broke up with him?" "Obviously!" I sighed."Hey" she said rubbing my back."You'll get through this. He didn't deserve you anyway." She said with a wink. I headed to my room and flopped down on my bed. The whole night I felt like shit. I did my homework, ate dinner, showered, brushed my teeth, then headed to bed. The next morning I woke up and got ready for school. Jenna was still sleeping, so I headed out. I drove to my favorite coffee place and got a latte and a BLT and headed to school. When I arrived to class late my teacher handed me my assignment. Evan was already at our seat, staring me down as I headed over. I sat down as our teacher began "Ok class today we will be doing this sheet with your partner" he promptly raised a sheet in the air to show what we should be having."Of course one sheet is given for you and your partner to both write on." "Hey" Evan said in his velvety voice. "Hi" "How are you?" He asked."I'm pretty good." "Really I heard you broke up with your boyfriend. Josh was his name if I'm correct?" "Yea" I replied."What happened?" I felt extremely compelled to tell him once again."Well he cheated on me with that girl named Sam." I whispered."Oh" he replied solemnly. We were quiet for awhile."To be honest," he said, "He didn't deserve you anyway" he whispered.