Chapter 7- Saturday Night Plans

It was Saturday and I was bored as hell sitting in my house. I then got a text message from Emily.

Em: Hey girl there's this party at some random guys house from school. Wanna come? Everyone is going.

Me: Umm why would I go to some random guys party?

Em: Apparently he's super rich and his parents are away on a business trip. Come on girl we need to have some funnnn I miss hanging with you :(.

Me: Fine I'll go. I'll go with you. Pick me up soon.

Em: Ok :) see ya soon.
                                                            Xoxo

I then headed downstairs to meet my aunt Jenna who was glowing. "How do I look?" She asked. "Wow you look super hot aunt Jenna" I replied. "Hey while you're out I'm gonna head to a party with Em is that okay?" "Yea sure just make sure your back before I am" she said. I nodded my head in agreement as the doorbell rang. My aunt opened the door to let in Rob. "Hey, wow you look amazing" he said. "Thank you, you don't look to bad yourself" she said. I then cleared my throat as she said "Oh this is my niece Catherine, Catherine this is Rob." "Hey" I said, "Hey" he replied. "Now mister Rob, you better take care of my Aunt because if not, so help me god I will ruin you. Also if things get steamy, PLEASE USE PROTECTION" I exclaimed. "Ok that's our cue to leave like now" my aunt said. "Ok I promise I will take good care of your aunt" he said. "Ok we're going now be safe! Love you, bye!" She said as she closed the door. I then got a text Evan

Evan: Hey

Me:Hey

Evan: What are you up to?

Me: Heading to a party. Wanna come with me?

*Typing*

Evan: Sure, I'll come meet you at your house in a while.

Me:Ok see you soon.

I was nervous and excited now I had to look extra good. I headed upstairs to my closet, I couldn't find a damn thing to wear, I hadn't been to a party in a while. Just then the doorbell rang. Crap is that him already? I headed downstairs and opened the door. "Oh thank god it's you Em" I said in relief. "Wow looks like someone couldn't decide what to wear. Good thing I bought some of my clothes!" She squealed. "Oh and my boyfriend Matt." "Hey, I'll just be sitting on the couch for moral support" Matt said. Me and Emily ran upstairs to get dressed. Emily had chosen to wear a red velvet choker body con dress with black , with her hair in a bob. I was wearing a  dark brown skintight dress, with my long hair in beach waves. The dress was made of a soft cloth material making it tight, but comfortable. Afterwards we headed downstairs, "So Matt what do you think?" Emily asked. "Wow you guys look amazing" he said distracted by his phone. "Ugh Matt seriously?! You're so invested in your phone rather than actually paying attention!" Emily yelled. He sighed "Babe sorry ok? You guys actually look amazing." With that Emily smiled, "Thank you." The doorbell rang. My heart was pounding in my chest, I shakily inhaled and exhaled, and went to open the door. I opened it to find him standing there looking more beautiful than ever. He was dressed casually but formally at the same time, and the outfit he was wearing showed off his best features. "Hey, you look beautiful" he said. I smiled and looked down at the floor, "Thank you, you look handsome yourself" I said. He smiled "You're welcome, and thank you." The limo driver honked his horn outside, "Come on guys time to go" Emily said. We let Emily and Matt pass to go in first, we then awkwardly walked to the limo. He let me enter the car first before entering himself and closing the door.

The drive was long and a bit awkward, Emily and Matt chatted the whole way. "So Evan, how do you feel about Catherine?" Emily asked bluntly. I nearly choked on the soda that was served with snacks in the Limo. He looked a little shocked at the question but cleared his throat and replied, "I think she is an amazing friend, who is honest and true to everyone she meets." I forced a smile and replied "Thank you Evan, you'll have to excuse Emily sometimes she doesn't know how to hold her tongue" I said turning to look at Emily with wide eyes. "Oh please, is it my fault I have the best interest when it comes to family and friends? What you said was very kind Evan, and I am only trying to look out for Catherine." Evan smiled and said "Well that is very kind of you, I can assure you she is in safe hands." There was a pause for awhile before Emily opened her mouth yet again. "I'm sorry but I should've been more specific, I meant how do you really feel about Catherine?" Emily pressed. I was going to open my mouth and shut down Emily and excuse her for her bluntness, but he then replied "I umm, I guess I like her." "Do you like her or like her? Do you like her as more than a friend?" Emily was practically bombarding him with questions and I was utterly embarrassed, I felt like jumping out of the Limo. I covered my face and sighed, but then Evan replied " Yes I like her, I umm maybe have a crush on her?" He looked a bit embarrassed and nervous, I felt bad for him Emily tended to do that to guys. He sighed and said "Look, I think Catherine is an amazing person, she's passionate and has a good and deep soul. She's willing to do anything for the people she loves, she's fierce and has a fire burning in her that I've never seen in any person before. She's spectacular and who cares if I like her or have a crush on? Maybe I do have a crush on her, who wouldn't be captivated or pulled in by her aurora? She's amazing." With that the room went absolutely silent. Emily was so shocked, she was speechless, which was a first. Matt cleared his throat and pretended to be invested with his phone. My heart beat was pounding at an alarming rate, but I just lowered my head and smiled a small smile. I think this drive won't be so bad after all.

Authors Note: Sorry for not updating as much, I'll try to do my best! Meanwhile it's finally fall yayyyy :D. Sadly it's my junior year so I'll be hella busy 😭. Have a great day!