The Dragon

When our pack was looking for a place to set camp Rex and I hear a moaning sound coming to our left. Quickly we exit from the line and go towards the sound unnoticed. Once we tracked the sound we found a young injured dragon Laying in blood soaked snow. Immediately I run to the pack and grab a cloth and a blanket. I come back and slowly walk towards the dragon saying " It's okay I'm not here to hurt you," The dragon snorts approvingly and I approach it. "Now can you show me where the wound is?" The dragon turns to its side and shows the gash in its stomach. I ask the creature for permission to help it and it nodded its head. I take the long piece of cloth and I tear the edge off. I dip that small piece in the snow and wet it up. Then I clean around the wound. Finally I cover the would with the rest of the cloth and put the blanket on him. "Thank you,"the dragon says,"my name is Drago. I come from The Raiders I was not picked during the ceremony of the picking so they injured me and left me here for dead. Thank goodness you came," "I am very welcome" I reply," Do you have a place to say? If you don't I can try to get my father to let you into my tribe," "I would be grateful if you did kind boy," the dragon says "you can call me Adrian and that is Rex," Rex barks at the sound of his name. "I will see my father stay here," I say. I run back to my pack and find my father. I explain everything to him "No," my father answers "This dragon is from our enemy for that he is also our enemy," "Dad," I reply "he is a lonely abandoned dragon that was left for dead his trust is with me not The Raiders," "No," my father replies firmly. After begging for longer he finally says yes. I told him to gather the Shifters and tell them everything while I get the dragon. I thank him again before taking off. I reach Drago and tell him the answer. I also told him how to behave to earn the Shifters trust, "Act playful, loyal, obedient, trust worthy, and strong," I tell him, " do not scare them for fun," "I will listen to your every command," Drago replies satisfyingly. Drago stands he was about five to five and a half feet tall and we set off. When we get to the pack everyone gasps. "It's okay," I reply soothingly, "he is tame and loyal to me do not hurt him. Drago sit.," Drago sits to the command "would anyone like to approach Drago and touch him or talk to him." Only one volunteer. It was my friend Sam. He approaches Drago slowly, "it's okay you may approach me," Drago says. When Sam gets to him he asks "May I touch you?" "You may, and by the way what is your name?" Drago replies "Sam," he answers while admiring Drago. "Sam you may sit down now, Drago can you now explain why you are here," I say giving Drago a chance to speak. Drago tells his story and the gathering was over. Everyone went back to doing what they were doing. Sometimes they would look over to steal glances of Drago. Soon one by one children were slipping away from their parents to come touch and play with Drago. Drago seemed to be enjoying himself finally having a caring family and home. Sam takes me over while Drago is playing and says "Adrian you are lucky to have a pet like that," "he is not a pet Sam he is a companion like Rex, he should not be treated like a mere dog," I reply. After a few days Drago got the pack to trust him. He was helping with chores and entertaining kids even transporting them to their tent. Drago and I practiced flying and fighting together.