Chapter 3

It took a couple minutes before they reached a different area. Alex finally stopped struggling once she realized they weren’t in Arizona- Earth actually- anymore. The girl was shocked at the look of everything. Then Thor started to fly both of them until them until they reached a castle-looking structure. He landed them in a hallway.

         “Come along, Alex. You are going have to walk yourself.” Thor said putting his hand on Alex’s shoulder.

         “And I’m glad about that,” she glared at Thor and took his hand off of her shoulder.

        “Just walk,” Thor slightly pushed her until they reached two large doors. Thor pushed them opened and motioned Alex to follow him. They were walking until they reached a throne. There was a man on the throne and an woman about his age beside him.

         “Is this her?” the man asked pointing his staff toward Alex.

         Alex looked down so she wouldn’t have to make eye contact with anyone in the room. “Yes father,” Thor replied.

         “Do you know why you are here?” The man-Odin- asked Alex.

         “No,” Alex replied looking up at him.

          “Will you answer my questions?” Odin asked knowing that she wouldn’t answer to Thor.

          “Depends on what the questions are,” Alex said truthfully.

          “I will honor that,” Odin started. “But I ask that you obey your old law once again for this occasion.”

          Thor was standing there confused, “Yes sir.” Alex said to Odin.

          “Good,” Odin said. “Thor, you may leave.” Thor nodded and left the room… still confused about what they were talking about though. “Do you know who you are?”

          “Alexandrias Darriantolden,” Alex replied.

          “Your other name?”, Odin asked. Alex had a confused look on her face.

          “I do not understand what you mean,” she replied honestly.

          “So you do not know?”

          “Know what?” she was still very confused.

          “Your parents never told you?”

           “Told me what exactly?”

            Before Odin answered her, a guard came in, “Your highness, he is here.”

            “Send him in,” Odin replied. Just then the doors opened and came in a young man. “This man said he has a letter for you.”

           The young man handed Alex the letter and then left quickly. Alex opened the letter slowly and then started to read it. She inhaled sharply as she looked up from the letter. “I am… sorry for your loss.” Odin stated motioning a guard to get Thor. “Thor may take you to your temporary chambers and we may discuss your matters later.”

          “Yes sir,” Alex said quietly as she turned around to leave. Thor was right there as he motioned her to come with him.

           Thor and Alex were silent for several moments down the large hall until Thor piped up. “Would it be wrong for me to ask what happened in there?”

           Alex looked up at Thor and then back in front of her as she kept walking with Thor. “It’s not… Odin just asked me some questions… that’s all.”

          “What about the young man who walked into the throne room?”

         “He was carrying a letter that was supposed to be given to me years ago.” Alex tucked some loose hair from her ponytail behind her ear.

         “But why is it here in As—“

         “You should know why… it’s obvious.” Alex interrupted Thor as they got to her room.

        “Let us know if you need anything,” Thor said closing the door behind him. Alex sighed and walked over to her bed and sat down.

        Alex sighed and put her face into her hands, “I’m such a screw up.” She said to herself quietly. Alex stood up and shook the feeling away. “It’s not your fault, Alexandiras. Remember. You were in Mid-Guard when your entire family died. How could it be my fault? It’s not. So pull yourself together and don’t cry.” Alex reassured herself as she went towards a large dresser. She opened it and looked inside.

       Alex laughed quietly as she pulled out some of her old clothing. “Long time, no see battle armor.”

                                                                     ___________

      Thor was walking into his own chamber until her heard someone call after him. “Thor?” the god of thunder turned around to see his mother.

      “What is it, mother?” he asked.

      “I-it is about that young woman—Alexandrias.” Thor’s mother said.

      Thor turned completely around and looked at his mother. “What about her?”

     “She’s not who you think she is…” his mother sounded quite saddened.

     Thor was quite confused, “Alex is only a mortal mother… with mad power.”

      “No Thor,” his mother put her hand on Thor’s shoulder. “She’s much more… she’s a goddess.”