Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Three weeks ago, was the first time I met Dante Finco. I was in central Paris, breaking into a safety deposit box that was owned by one of the finest diamond dealers in the world. I had intel that he was keeping quite a gem inside. So I went to steal it.

With my werecat stealth and speed, getting through the preliminary security was a doddle. But then, came the tricky bit. I am a genius – and that is not me being conceited – I really am a genius. My intelligence is highly superior to that of an average person. So cracking the code on the steel door was also easy enough. And I had already tricked all the camera onto a loop, so the guards wouldn't see me.

I eased that open, before slipping through the vault. I could see the safety boxes all lined up in front of me – and I knew which one I needed to get to. However, the floor was covered in pressure triggered lasers; which I could only disable from the main control room. Which was where the guards sat.

Earlier that day, I had gone into the bank as a client. And with a few heated looks, and suggestive smiles, I was allowed to pick which safety box I wanted. The box two above the box I wanted to break into. Inside I put a strong, battery powered, magnet.

Standing in front of the safety deposit boxes, I used a remote to turn the magnet on. I heard the bang as it stuck to the door of the box – pulled to the steel hinges. Smirking to myself, I pulled out my favourite device. A grapple gun.

This grapple gun had a flat end, which was made completely out of stainless steels. With one quick pull of the trigger, the grapple stuck to the magnetic force of the safety deposit box. I smirked, and attached the cable securely to the vault door behind me.

I then strapped myself to the wire, with a belt hook, and slide down the cable – my body highly held above the pressure censored lasers on the ground. I slid down the rope, until I was hanging above the safety deposit box. I then used my fast fingers to break into the complicated lock.

Then, after weeks of planning. Then, after weeks of anticipation. Then, after weeks of dreaming. I came face to face, with absolutely nothing. The safety deposit box was empty. There was no diamond.

I just hung there for a moment, stunned. My intel was never wrong, there was no way I could have got it wrong. And then, a deep Italian voice called out to me. "Looking for these, Mi Amore?" a voice called.

I spun on the wire, and looked up to see a very attractive man standing by the vault entrance. He wore a crisp Italian suit, and shoes, with a tall and lean body. His crisp blonde hair was swept back with gel, and his bright beautiful eyes glistened.

He had a small velvet bag handing from his index finger. "Are those my diamonds?" I growled angrily.

"Technically, gattino, they don't belong to either of us" he drawled out, teasingly. I let out a shriek of annoyance, I shut the safety deposit box up and slid back down the wire. I reached the vault door, and the attractive man helped me unclip myself from the wire.

"Gattino? That's means kitten. Which means you know what I am, and I'm guessing who I am. Yet, you have me at a disadvantage, I do not know anything of you" I replied, purring softly as I tried to be seductive.

He smirked, "my name is Dante Finco, and I am a Conjurer. And I know all about you, gattino. I am quite a fan of your work. This--" he gestured openly to my theft methods "--is all very impressive".

I wanted those diamonds, above all else, and that was my only goal in the moment. I smirked, stalking towards him, acting seductive. "If you think that is impressive, you should see me naked" I whispered in a husky voice.