When Two Different Worlds Collide Chapter 2

Chapter 2  

Aimee  

I woke up, feeling the slight pain and numbness of my head. I could not quite remember what just happened, but I had a feeling that I should start running. Looking around, I saw that the place was deserted, no sign of danger anywhere. So I slowly put my guard down, and tried to refresh my mind of what I just experienced. That is when I felt the soft texture of the paper in my hand. Memories came crashing down , and I soon remembered that I was saved from death. Lost in thought about who saved me, I let my feet do the running.  

I took a long drag of air, not ready to enter the house full of worried and angry vampires. I had no idea about what to report to them. Telling them that I almost died wouldn’t help much. Coming back to the Batalia coven without great information was unacceptable. I mustered up the small amount of courage I had, and walked the rest of the way to the enormous Victorian mansion.  

The tall black gates opened up, exposing the ancient looking mansion. It was the type of place that made you shiver down to your bones. The windows were all dark, showing no signs of presence. The building itself looked as if it could fall down any minute but yet stood tall and strong. Vines overflowed around the building, twisting around every possible space. The sky above the mansion showed nothing but darkness, a small sight of fog circulating the air. I took all of this in just in a snap of time. Fixing myself so I can look presentable and untouched, I pushed open the doors of the house. As soon as I stepped in, I saw 7 pair of eyes staring at me. Some showed concern, some were furious, some were proud, and some were relieved. I felt the pressure of not knowing what to say to them, so I decided played it cool.  

  I walked over to where my brother, Elijah, was sitting., knowing that he knew exactly what I was thinking about.  

   Please do not say anything, I pleaded. I promise I will tell you what I know.

 His eyes, same as my baby blue blue eyes, showed that he agreed. With relief, I stood up knowing it was time for me to speak.    

“As you all know, I fought until the end, doing my best and not giving up. At one point, I was fighting and the next I was captured.”    

As soon as I said that, I heard many gasps,  as questions were being thrown my way.    

"What happened?"  

  "How did it happen?"  

   "Are you hurt?"  

   "What did they do to you?"  

   "Did you tell them anything?"  

  "How were you released?"    

  I raised my hand to stop them from continuing. I was so not in the mood to get another major headache, so instead I answered their questions one at a time.    

“ Do not worry, I am fine”, I said.

"Even thought I got sprayed by holy water and almost got killed", I mumbled quickly, making it slurred.  

  “WHAT?!?” my mother screamed.  

  I looked up to see the woman who I loved, the one who looked like she would run any minute to go finish off whomever dared to harm her only daughter. I slowly walked towards her, trying to give her time to calm down, which seemed unlikely just by looking at her. I stood in front of her now, looking into her grey eyes, filled with concern now.  

  I am here and I am safe. I love you, Mother.

    “I love you more”, she whispered to me.