When Two Different Worlds Collide Chapter 4

I looked at the clock knowing if I had a heart it would be beating frantically. In less than an hour, I would be doing a life changing task. I hope I'll come out of this problem ALIVE. And this is coming from the girl who had been in so many fights I cannot count them anymore.    

 I paced back and forth through my room, feeling like time was too slow. I looked across to my bed where my bag laid for the journey, and I thought about how long I would be gone. I have never left my coven for more than a few hours, and not knowing when I would return sent shivers down my spine. I do not even know if I would even be coming back..  

 I know for a fact that they would be so worried, especially my dear mother. Earlier, I almost told her  about my plans, but I convinced myself that it was better for everyone’s safety not to know what I was doing.

 I only had few more minutes left, the only thing that was bothering me was good bye.. Should I tell them goodbye or just leave?

 Just leaving would cause less drama.. Hopefully.  

Our grandfather clock chimed, silently telling me it was time to go. 10 o'clock.

  I grabbed my bag and went to my balcony, ready to jump, I took in a breath, even though it was not necessary and jumped, landing perfectly balanced on my feet. . I looked around in the darkness, expecting to see a wolf jump out of the forest. Sadly, he was not there.

The mutt was not here.Does that mean he is not coming? He said he would come get me.

I felt a surge of warmth behind me, and I span around. Standing behind me was the dog himself, looking as smug as ever.

" I told you I would be here."

"You are late!"

"Chill out. I was followed."

I tensed up. "Followed!? What dos that mean??"

"Don't worry. I got rid of them."

"Alright. Shall we go?"

"Come on babe. Let's go."

"Do NOT. Call me that."

 *****  

  We had been walking in the woods for a few hours now. I was not tired, I just kept going. I wanted to get to this man on the mountain as soon as possible.

"Hey babe? Can we stop?"

"..."

"Babe?"

"I will not answer your question if you call me babe. I have a proper name you know."

"Fine. What's your name?"

"You should know this, you are my mate."

"So I'm your mate? Ooh babe! I'm starting to like you!"

I span around and slapped him across the face. He growled, and grabbed my wrist right before I was going to slap him.

"You don't want to do that, precious."

"Why NOT!?"

I stomped ahead of him and heard him chuckle from behind. I turned back around angrily.

"What!?"

He was not staring at my eyes. He was staring at my behind. I growled.

I could not get mad.

I could put my life in danger if I did.

And his.

I chose to do the only thing that relaxes me.