Chapter 7: Guardian

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zara's P.O.V

I wake up to my phone ringing, and I instantly hear my mother's voice. I groan and answer it. 

"So you have been matched with this Jenner girl, and you didn't tell me?" She says through the phone. Did I mention I didn't know if my mom knew I was lesbian?

"Uhmm..." My morning voice muffles.

"Oh, I already knew you were lesbian from the instant you started gaining guy friends and other lesbian ladies." She says so bluntly. 

I blush, embarrassed. I look around for Kendall and find her digging hurriedly through my things. 

"Kris invited me to the dinner tonight. Your father and I will be there. Bring Cara. I love you sweetheart...no matter what." She says hanging up the phone. 

"Well, Cara and my parents are going to be there." I say, getting up from the bed. "What're you doing?" I look at her. 

Her hair is up in a high ponytail, and she's wearing Adidas shorts and a T shirt that curves her body. She looks at me with her cat-like, brown eyes. 

"You do realize the dinner starts at 7:00, right? Look at the time." She points at the clock. I look over and realize it's 5:00 PM. The fuck? 

"It's 5, Kendall." I defend. 

"Yeah, but I'm just looking for something you should wear....My sisters are going to be there, and I want them to see what a perfect life I have now. When I lived with my sisters, they were always shoving their success in my face except for Kylie... Now that I'm this Supermodel and getting my money like a woman is supposed to, it kills them. They're my sisters, but they sometimes drive me crazy..."She rambles fast before taking a deep breath. 

"You'll be fine." I say grabbing her around the waist and kissing her cheek. She snaps a picture of us from the mirror before I pull away. 

"Really? Your such a girl." I chuckle. She does a little dance before posting it to her snapchat story. Bet this girl has 4 million views. She's rather popular. 

"What? My fans love you." She says already taking a video. I lick her earlobe and tickle her in the video. She laughs and strokes my neck. 

"I'm not a cat, weirdo." I say kissing her cheek before walking downstairs. She follows after me, and Cara groans. 

"WHY DO I HAVE TO GO TO THE DINNER, AGAIN?" Cara asks. 

"Because you're my sister, and I need you to save me from mom." I wink at her. She smirks and rolls her eyes. 

"Fuck you, Carter. GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE." I hear Gigi screech. 

All of our heads jerk towards her voice. 

Kendall's P.O.V

I look at Zara who's already walking out the door with Cara and the girls. I follow behind, and see Gigi with tears in her eyes, furiously looking at the figure 2 feet away from her. 

I narrow my eyes when I recognize him. It's her ex. He abused her. Took her a year to get away from him with the help of us. This was before we all even met her. 

"Why'd you leave me? I didn't do anything? I had to go through names and numbers to find out where you were." He says. 

Cara is looking at Zara who looks like she's ready to blow a punch at his face. 

I think she knew that he was a vampire as well because her eyes were glowing a reddish color. She didn't care if he saw, and he didn't bother making a big deal out of seeing them.