EIGHT

(Media box reference: Petra)

David cast a quick glance at the house Christy led him to. It was in the middle of the woods on the outskirts of Maycrest. It looked like a cottage but it was twice as large, had an upper floor, an attic and a basement. It was made with brick blocks that looked ancient yet strong and resilient and had a little garden around it which also paved a path from the clearing to the front porch of the house.
Christy walked a few paces ahead of David and as soon as she got to the door, she opened it, turned to David and said, "Ladies first". David let out a scoff and walked past her through the door and past the corridor leading to the living room. Then Christy closed the door and trailed behind.

"Well, I don't see anybody here", David observed the empty living room as he stood in its center and trained his eyes on her.

"What? Are you in a hurry?" , Christy asked without looking at him.
Before he could reply, there was a swift hustle and bustle sound all around him and when he looked around the living room, there were vampires surrounding him and Christy in a perfect circle, about 15 of them; male and female. Immediately he took a fighting stance and made sure they could see his eyes beam red. Christy felt his power spread all around the room and she knew everyone could feel it too. It was almost hot and had a strong presence to it. The vampires started to bare their fangs at David. David on the other hand didn't feel afraid of the threat he saw all around him. He knew he could take them all on, so instead of taking to his heels like a cowardly puppy, he'd face them head-on. His wolf instinct came to the forefront of his sub-conscious as he prepared himself for a brawl. Vivian and Peter Etchings watched everything from a corner of the living room. Peter was very fond of his furniture so he glared at his sister as if to say, 'Stop this before it gets out of hand'. His sister however had assessed David even before he stepped in the house and was curious to see what the child was capable of. The look in her brother's eyes advised otherwise.
So she took a step forward and yelled, "Enough". It echoed around the living room and there was immediate calm. "Go about your business everyone. Leave our visitor to me.". The hive obeyed their queen and the vampires either shuffled, walked or sped away from the scene till it was Vivian, Peter, Christy and David left in the room. Peter glanced at David with sapphire eyes identical to his sister's and said to no one in particular, "I'll leave you to it then" and made out of the living room.

***
Bvan had been calling David's phone all afternoon. She was starting to get worried. She called out to Sheila. Sheila heard the worry in the voice and rushed over to Bvan's room.

"I've been trying to reach David all afternoon. He's not picking his calls.", Sheila said.

"Maybe he's busy?", Sheila offered.

"He ALWAYS answers my calls, Sheila!", Bvan blurted.

"Maybe he's really busy then...", Sheila tried again.
Bvan thought for a while then said, "I'm going to his place to see what's up with him."

"I'll come with.", Sheila said and grabbed a jacket from Bvan's wardrobe.

Bvan was already dressed in a pink plain t-shirt and black jeans, so all she needed to take was he keys to her red truck. As she moved out of the house and towards the truck, Sheila trailed behind knowing deep down in her wolf their day was just starting and they might not like how it would end.

***

Vivian eyes were glued to the 18 year old boy in front of her. He had a power about him that she had never felt before. She rocked how the spell was supposed to go back and forth in her mind looking for the perfect opportunity to use it to expose whether or not he was Trigen. She was curious to see just how strong he was and the spell was supposed to reveal that. The floor under the carpet in the center of the living room was marked with symbols that were supposed to restrict the movements of any supernatural to the marked spot. She just needed to get him there. David broke the awkward silence and said, "So you're Vivian..." He couldn't get into her mind or feel what she was thinking. But he could sense she was pretty old and pretty strong. He also noticed the striking resemblance between Vivian and Christy and the fact that she had the same color of eyes as Bvan and Mark. It was almost eerie. The only difference was the color of their hair and eyes and what they wore. Christy wore a black tank top and blue faded ripped jeans while Vivian wore a black armless gown that covered her feet. Christy left his side and went to stay at Vivian's. His left eyebrow arched at the duo. His wolf didn't feel very safe but he figured he could handle whatever came. He could feel a presence in the room. He didn't know it was the spell building that he was feeling.