Part Six

You reach the barriers that are guarding the exit so the artists can get out safely, and glad you don’t have to wait much longer Aston walks out first, he still doesn’t look himself and after hearing you screaming his name he still walks on, 

“I don’t understand” you scream as you see Oritse walking towards you,

“I’d leave it Mary, Aston doesn’t understand either”

“What have I done though, why is he so unhappy when he sees me” you stutter back, confused by your own words. 

“Its what you didn’t do not what you did, Aston saw your friend after the concert last year and gave her his number, she promised to pass it on to you, and when she did you apparently refused to call, she said you were embarrassed by the whole thing” he looks sad himself, just telling you the story, Aston must have been really hurt. “I didn’t go with a friend, I went by myself, I swear on my life, like the security guard should have told you, I would have died to have met him!”

“Look I know you and her aren’t friends anymore, and I know you know about all this, but they are together now, he loves her, like he did you, you had your chance, why should he be sorry for whats happened?”. You burst into tears…

“He loved me?” your sobs become louder, 

“Look Its best if you leave it alone now, it will only just cause more trouble then needed”. He begins to walk off.

“Oritse please” you grab the girls beside you autograph book and pen, rip out a page and scribble down your number.

“Give this to Aston and tell him he needs to hear what really happened, please, I would do anything to get another chance to explain” you say as tears carry on rolling down your face.

He takes the paper without another word, safely puts it in a zipped pocket and walks on, still crying you turn around and instead of asking your mum for a lift you decide to walk home.