Part Ten

It seemed like you had both been stood there for ages but as the Cafe applauded your performance all you could think about was winning back the one you loved, before you started to speak he had already put down your sister and announced that he had to quickly do something, 

“Please call me!” you shouted after him as he ran out of the door. You stood there in silence again staring into space, you were alone this time, a million things rushed through your head like the streets of New York on a busy night and there was no rest, just flashing lights and loud noises. For one minute you thought you were going to faint, it seemed like thunder and lightning screaming through the city and it felt like the Cafe was being hit by a hurricane with you inside, your body was uncontrollable and you didn’t know what to do, as you finally looked around, you saw your little sister, staring back at you, wide eyed and confused.

“I love you” she said like no one else did. And because of those three words the thunder stopped and the lightning stopped flashing, the Cafe went back to its original state, you picked up your sister and hugged her tight and then burst into tears. 

When you reached home you weren’t as upset as before. At least you had hope that he might call again and even if he didn’t, you had the chance and tried your best to win him back. And you couldn’t ask for anything anymore, you had already asked and you had already received. If anything was to happen from now on he would have to be the one to ask... and as you fell asleep that night, you had the strangest feeling that your long lost dad was watching over you.