Chapter 1: The news

A/n hey guys this is my first book ever hope you guys like it. Comment things you think I should change or add. P.S Please vote and share thanks now the book.

--------

"Yummm! Something smells good mom what ya making?" I asked as I walked in the kitchen texting my best friend Macy. "Your favorite meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, and apple pie!" Oh how I just love my mom's cooking I wish she didn't work so much so she could cook more. But wait did she say my favorite? Whenever my mom cooks it's always my dad's favorite. She only makes my favorite when they have something bad to say last time it was about my report card i got an F in math I think I still have the scars from that I couldn't sit right for 2 whole weeks!

"Oh really?" I asked as nonchalantly as I could with my heart beating a million miles per minute. "How come?" I saw her stiffen for a minute when I asked, "Uh no reason just thought I'd change up the menu a bit." "Ok."

Ha! Yeah sure no reason so much for no lying to your parents. Like we started out with the lying they're the ones that taught us about Santa, Tooth Fairy, and Easter Bunny.

"I'll go watch TV till you're done." I informed her her shoulders drooped slightly from relief and she quickly gave me a nod. I went and plopped myself on the couch and surfed the channels while texting Macy.

-------

15 minutes later my dad walked in the house and my mom finished making dinner. Man this lady had some good timing. "Hi dad" I said and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. "Hi honey." He said and gave my mom a peck on the lips. Then they did that parent thing with their faces where each face means something. I cleared my throat interupting their conversation "Do you think we should eat now?" Iasked with a fake smile. They nodded and sat down we said grace then dug in. Near the end if dinner my mom clinked her fork against her glass and said she had an announcement to make.

"Nikki we are going to Europe for 6 months!" My mom exclaimed excitedly.

Oh I've always wanted to go there and to London and everything!!!! "Great when do we leave I sho-" I stopped short when I saw their guilty faces.

"What's wrong?" "Well Nikki you're not really coming with us we are just doing for vacation and a bit of work too. But we'll bring back some things and we'll take you next time." "Oh ok" I said. "You're going to be staying with the Greys' a few blocks over they have a son his name is Blake."

Oh hell no......