What crawled up her butt and died?

Charlie's POV

I was thrilled when Lou barged in, loud as always. He dropped his stuff in the entryway, gave me a huge hug (I looooove hugs) and ran upstairs to greet Katie. Those two had always had a special bond, they did everything together. I often found myself feeling jealous of my sister and her relationship with Louis. But things changed when he left for the X Factor. He rarely called or attempted to contact us at all and I understand why that would be hard on her. Heck, I'm a little upset myself. It's been 3 years and now he just decides to walk into the house, band mates in tow, and all I get is a hug and a hello? As I was lost in my resentful thoughts, I failed to notice that 4 dudes, Zayn Malik, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, and Harry Styles, were standing in my kitchen. Of course, I knew who they were, having watched the X Factor and all, but HOLY MOTHER OF HOTNESS they were even more attractive in person. Stay calm Charlie. Be cool. You made it through high school, and you made it out with only a mild obsession with Instagram.

"Um. Hi guys, I'm Charlie," I said, flashing a warm smile in the group's direction.

"Oh yeah, Lou's told us loads about you! I'm Liam," Liam said, reaching out to shake my hand. I refused the gesture and instead stepped forward, engulfing him in a hug. After a second of hesitation, he tentatively returned the embrace.

"I know who you guys are," I explained, pulling out of the hug and repeating the friendly action with the other four boys, "I watched the X Factor. You guys are amazing!"

Harry opened his mouth to reply, but was interrupted buy Katie stomping down the stairs. Loudly, I might add. She entered the kitchen, face in a scowl, and her hair in an equally unpleasant condition. She never has been much of a morning person.

Niall, being the ray of sunshine he is, said, "Hello. Want any orange juice?"

Her glare intensified, focusing on the boy in front of her, "Um, who are you?" Geez, what crawled up her butt and died?

This is going to be a very long month.

* * *

After introductions were finished, (though I'm pretty sure Katie already knew who everyone was) I decided I would make breakfast for everyone.

"Who wants pancakes?" I ask. Within two seconds of the word 'pancakes' leaving my mouth, Louis came running down the stairs and into the kitchen.

There was a chorus of "Me"'s and a "TOMMO DOES" along with a particularly crabby, "whatever".

So I set to work, preparing everything I would need. The boys began talking and joking around, throwing shoes at each other. As one came my way, nearly hitting me in the face and knocking over a vase, I gave them a sharp glare. They quickly moved their shenanigans to the living room.

Oh boy. Times five. Plus a teenage girl. My sanity's odds of survival do not look promising.

-Rachel <3