Prologue

I like to believe the world started out as nothing but colors. Just the colors, beautiful rosy pinks, bright yellows, and clear blue skies. But of course those aren't the only colors there are, many people see the colors they choose too. I chose to see all of them. If you told me to look in a room and then close my eyes I could tell you the exact colors of what each person was wearing.

But I'm getting way ahead of myself. This isn't a story about all the many colors there are in the world, although I wish it was, this is a story about a young girl and how she came to be what she is today. I believe that if her dad knew she was going to die he wouldn't have moved across the world, but then again she wouldn't have gotten to experience what she did. But I'm getting ahead of myself again.

I have come to the conclusion that the reason I have such a fond of colors is because it helps me forget the sorrows I encounter everyday. I don't feel sorry for the ones who have died, I believe everything happens for a reason, but it's the ones that are still living. The ones who become depressed, the ones who don't know how to control their emotions, the ones who are so confused as to how they feel they wish they could just end all the pain once and for all. That's who I feel bad for.

Let's just start off with the fact that I came in counter with Gemma twice. She had had a hard life, a life many people wouldn't have been able to live with. But she did. She learned to move on and forget which was quite hard but she managed to do it.

The first time I saw her she was on her knees by a lady who was in a hospital bed, who I later learned was her mother. She was praying, crying, begging for her mother to live, but she didn't.

The second time was almost exactly like the first except it was her best friend. She had gotten into a car wreck, that's when I took an interest in Gemma. She didn't have the usual blank stare with tears rushing down her face as most people have when someone dies. Yes she was bawling her eyes out but they continued to have the same sparkle, I could never figure it out until the day she died.

I realized that she was going to move on with her life, she didn't have time to look back on her past. And I found that absolutely amazing, so despite the fact that I shouldn't have been doing this I checked on her once in a while. She had found a new best friend, she seemed ok at her new school, but the next time I came in counter with her she wasn't the one crying, she wasn't the one in the back, she was the one who died.

She changed my life and my perspective on the world.

--------
I'm really excited for this story! And yes I know it probably sounds a lot like the book thief I did get my inspiration from that book but my story is going to be way different you'll have to wait and see! But I hope you enjoy it for now!

Stay beautiful, Stay weird, Stay amazing,
~Annalise