Chapter 2: My 'Wanted' Partner

The bus slows down to a halt. 'School, yeah!' "Why do I have to go to school if I know everything there teaching?" I ask Luna. "Because you THINK you know everything." She says to me. She pats me on the shoulder and says, "You'll realize you don't know everything ... eventually." I roll my eyes and keep walking forward. Suddenly someone runs into the side of me right before I take a step on the stairs, leading to the front doors of the school. I fall on my back, and the person who ran into me falls on me.

I open my eyes to see I'm face to face with Jessica Bater. Uggg, HER. She's not my friend, AT ALL! She is pretty I'll tell you that, but she's not my type. She's also getting followed around by a pausse, or all her wanna be's. The second I look at her, she's getting help from her 'friends' to stand up. And they just leave me laying there on the ground, like dirt. "Are you Ok?" asks the girl to the right of her. "I'm fine, I'm fine." Jessica answers, dusting her jeans off. She looks as if disgusted to run into me, like I'm a pig or something. "Watch where your going David." Hey, at least she knows my name. Then she goes back to perfect blonde self, leading her pausse.

Luna helps me off the ground after they left. "You Ok?" She asks. "Yeah, but 'Miss Popular' needs to watch where SHE's going." I dust off my sleeve which had some dirt on it. "Have you ever liked her Luna?" I ask seriously. "I was once good friends with her. But you know, people change." She says sadly. I just nod my head in agreement. After ,successfully, walking up the stairs, we walk into our school. Frame High School is where we go. It's a decent sized school. Me and Luna are in the same grade, 10th. And coincidentally, first period as well. We walk into Mrs. Barns room, or our English teachers room, to see Jessica and some of her 'friends' that were with her earlier.

I must of had a mask on my face, because Luna said, "Just ignore them David, and they'll ignore you back." "Well said." I say to Luna. We take our seats , which are in the second row next to each other. Bring! Bring! Everyone returns to their seats. "Ok everyone, the bell has rung, and it's time for work. Now ..." And she walks over to her computer and pulls up a slide on the board. It says Reading Presentation. How bad could this project be?

Mrs. Barns walks back to the front of her desk and continues talking. "Everyone will make a presentation on a book ... with a partner. It'll be due next week today. Now it can be any book you and your partner want. I'll hand everyone a rubric on what your presentation needs." She grabs some papers on her desk and starts passing them out. "You and me got this in the bag!" I brag to Luna. "Oh yes we do!" And we high five. "And before you go on picking your own teammate, I'm picking everyone's partner for the assignment." Mrs.Barns adds. "Ah come on!" I whisper to myself. I can hear many others doing the same. Mrs. Barns pushes her glasses against her face and starts assigning groups. "Albert and Daisy, you two are a group. Lesley and Victor, y'all are a group too." She goes on and on before saying, "David and Jessica, you two are a group." Wait, WHAT! "Wait Mrs. Barns, can I have a new partner!?" I ask, probably looking desperate. "Yeah, I don't want to work with that nerd." Jessica agrees from the back of the room. And that's the only thing we'll EVER agree on.

Mrs. Barns shakes her head. "You two need to learn that you can't always get what you want. Ok next is Luna and George, you two are working together." She just keeps calling out names. "At least I'm not working with 'Miss it's all about me'." Luna comments. I glare at her. The one person I despise, is my partner!

It's only one week David, you shouldn't kill her before then.