Chapter 3: Fight = The Principal's Office

"Everyone take a seat with your partner; then you start getting some work done before class is over." Then Mrs. Barns returns to her seat behind her desk. "Well, see ya David." Luna says. I wave goodbye as she gets up and walks over to her nice and wonderful partner. When she sits down, a figure is suddenly in front of my face. Of course, it's Jessica. "Hey, I'm your partner, not that sorry excuse of a girl." She says, pointing to Luna. I stand up so I'm face to face with this girl. "Look here, she's my friend. I don't need YOUR mouth even talking about ANY of my friends. Got it?" I force. She just smirks and sits down in the chair Luna was sitting in.

"This is going to be a long week." I say to myself, sitting down. I pull out a piece of paper from my binder. I grab the rubric and start reading it.

"Must be a chapter book.
Must have one essay on book.
Must-" "Must must must, what doesn't this presentation need?" Asks Jessica. "You." I whisper. "Oh, so that's how it is." And Jessica slaps me so hard my head spins. My cheek feels hot. "OWWWWW!" I yell. Then I punch her in the arm. That knocks her back in her chair a bit. Then we start fighting. Punching, pinching, slapping. Mid punch, someone stops my arm from moving. I look back to see the security guard.

Then I float back to reality. Me and Jessica are surrounded by everyone in class, who I guess were cheering, "Fight! Fight!" I look over at Jessica to see her hair is mangled, she has a bruise on her right arm, and is trying to fight the other security guard. I let my arms go limp to the security guards hands behind my back. I look around and find Luna standing right in front. She mouths 'What happened?' I just look away and shrug. The guard starts pushing me out of the classroom. Mrs. Barns says as we're leaving, "Ok everyone, now that that is over, let's return to our seats and, calmly, start working." The last thing I saw from the classroom was Mrs. Barns disappointed face. Now that made me feel bad, not beating Jessica. Honestly, that got rid of all the anger in me. But now I'm in trouble, 'great'. We keep walking through the hallways until we arrive at the front office.

I know where we're going. We walk past the Counselor's door, Vice Principal's door, and we stop at the Principal's door. The man let's go of my arms to open the door, and pushes me inside. The other guard pushes Jessica into the room. Her guard said, "Sit in the seats until the Principal comes." They shut the door, and through the window, you can see them waiting outside the door.

"Well look who got us stuck in here?" Jessica says, fixing her makeup. "Me? Your the one who slapped me first!" I say. She opens her mouth to talk, but then the door opens. We look backwards to see Mr. Wire, the Principal. He's a tall man, short black hair, and is wearing a black and white collared shirt. He walks past us and sits down. His facial expression is kind of threatening.

"I hear you two fought in Mrs. Barns room. Care to tell me why?" He says, looking at both of us. We both start rambling on and on about each other. Then Mr. Wire pulls out a whistle, and blows it. I cover my ears so my ears wouldn't listen to that annoying sound. He stops after we both cover our ears. "One at a time! David, explain." He says. How does he know my name out of the hundreds of people in our school? Weird. I swallow my spit. "So I was just reading our rubric for the project, when she comments that there's too many things it has to have. Then she slaps me, and then I punched her, then I guess it was chaos after that." "Wait! I asked what doesn't this project need, and then David said you to me." Jessica adds. I cross my arms when she says that.

"Ok Ok, you two need to grow as friends." We're not even friends! "So I'm making y'all have after school detention for two days." He explains. "But that's not fair! Some of us have a life ya know!" Jessica argues.

"Would you like ISS for a week instead?" He asks. Jessica shuts up after that. "That's what I thought. You two may return to class, but y'all might want to clean yourselves up." He says. I nod and stand up. Jessica follows my lead. We walk out of the room, towards Mrs. Barns room. But we stop in front of the restrooms to check our appearances.

I look into the mirror and say, "I look like I got ran over by a car!"