Luna's Tale: Pushing Away the Heart

Bring! Bring!

I grab my bag and immediately walk to David and Jessica. Jessica's a lot nicer now that she's not a mean, stereotypical blonde cheerleader. I guess one person can bring the best out in people, that one person being David.

David grabs Jessica's hand with his left hand and mine with his right hand, then we leave English as a group. We exit and Jessica asks, "How have you been Luna? It's been awhile since I wasn't ... We haven't-"

"It's Ok Jessica. I believe you moved on, and you changed for the popularity. But ... I knew the you I knew those years ago was still in there; someone just had to bring her back." I say, smiling. David, in between us, moves his head back and forth between us.

"Y'all were friends?" He asks in shock.

Jessica and I giggle at the question. "Yes. Way before you were in the picture Davy. It was ... nice." Jessica says, sounding a little regretful. "Yeah Luna I'm sorry. I should have never left you." She apologizes again, stopping our chain. She walks in front of me and looks straight into my eyes. She's obviously feeling terrible; I can hear it in her voice. She's feeling guilty for leaving me, but I feel the same way. I let her drift away. I should of stopped her from ... becoming what she was.

I just wasn't thinking ...

"Look Jessica, I know you feel guilty, but it's also my fault. I should have stopped you from becoming a blonde. You know what I mean- and ... I'm sorry too." I confess, pouring exactly what I mean into that sentence.

She opens her arms, "Friends forever?"

I smile, "Friends forever."

I take the hug and start laughing. It's been long time since we've done that, and doing it again, it's amazing. "I'm so happy my two favorite girls are friends ... again." David says, butting into our conversation. "Davy come on, before the bell rings!" Jessica whines, pulling his hand.

"Ok Ok, bye Luna. We'll see you at lunch." He says, giving me a quick hug before Jessica drags him away.

I turn around to head to second period. And standing right next to the door is him, just like every other day. Not David; I haven't even told David about him.

I slowly walk through the hallway and quickly try to slip through before he notices me. I'm so close, like two inches away, then I feel a tug on the back of my backpack. I try walking forward, but the force keeps me in place.

I slip of my right backpack strap and look back. Sol was holding holding the strap on top. Oh, and Sol is him. He's around 6', white with bright blonde hair, and his brown eyes hold the stars- no.

What am I thinking?

"Luna, you never answered my question from Friday." Sol says, pulling me next to him. I pull his hand off my backpack and huff.

"I don't know the answer to that question yet Ok? I just fixed a relationship ... I don't know if I'm ready for another one." I tell him, looking down. I look at his face. His eyes look into mine, but I turn away and say, "Sorry."

I then rush into class and go to my seat. I sigh. Guys are just everywhere in my life! One second I'm trying to get my guy best friend back, and the next another is asking me out. I mean he's cute, but ...

Is getting a boyfriend a good thing? You argue, you fight, you love each other, you need each other, you can't stand each other; relationships are confusing. I don't think I'm ready for that. Suddenly the bell rings and our class begins with our teacher Mr. Dayton handing everybody a packet of algebra work that's due tomorrow.

I start immediately, not talking to anyone, unlike what half the class is doing right now. Just solving an absolute value problem one minute, the next I'm staring at a phone in my face. I look to my side to see Sol holding his phone in my face. "Can you give me your number? I just want to text you and um, maybe just get to know you." He explains.

He wants to get to know me! This isn't happening- wait, why am I freaking out? There's no reason to be happy about this; because then it'll turn into a relationship, and I don't want that.

"Um, I can't ... I don't have a phone." I say as an excuse.

He chuckles. "Right, because your not using your phone right now as a calculator."

I'm so dumb. I push it to the side and say as nicely as possible, "I'm not looking for a relationship right now Sol. Your cute and all but, um, I can't."

Bring! Bring!

I grab my work and phone, smile at Sol and leave, feeling a little sad for pushing him away.

-----------------------------

I get to lunch, and of course, I find David and Jessica at our table, and also a few of Jessica's friends. I take a seat and pull out my lunch box. "Hey Luna. Soooo how's your crush doing?" Jessica asks, making me spit out my apple juice.

How does she know about Sol? I never told her, and now David knows!

"Who's my crush?" I ask dumbly. "Luna, I know almost everybody in our grade. My girls in your algebra class saw you chatting with Sol. He's your crush right?" She asks, trying to get reassurance. "And why didn't you tell me? I thought we were best friends?" David adds.

What do I say? Hey I've been liking someone but your whole girlfriend fiasco made me worry about you so I stopped with crushing and ... it's too long of an explanation.

"He's not my crush. I don't like him- I mean I do, but- you see-" and I get cut off by the other girls Oooooo-ing at the table. "Denial just means you really like him! Luna, he asked you out! You should of said yes!" Jessica tells me.

I take a sip of my juice. Then take a bite of my sandwich; and I finally respond with, "I'm scared."

"Of Sol?" She asks confused. "No not him. I'm scared of ... a relationship." I admit. I sound so stupid, but David's watching me, and he knows exactly how I feel. "Luna, you're a wonderful, fantastic girl. If he at some point can't see that, then he's not the one. I know your worried about it getting your heart broken, or something might change, but that's life. You can't get anywhere just by staying in place, you gotta walk that unknown step somewhere." He says, shifting himself on the bench.

"And it's Ok you didn't tell me, I was going through some stuff for sure, and I never really thanked you for being there for me, but you gotta go with your heart on this one. Like right now." David looks above my head, smiling with his dimples showing.

I look up and see Sol, holding his phone above my head again. Me, myself am tearing up over what they said, and my crush pops up. Great timing.

"Luna, for the third time, will you go on a date with me? Anywhere, anyplace, anytime, just ... you with me." He asks, almost pleading.

I know what I want now, knowing what David said. "Yes! I'll go with you! Anywhere, anyplace, anytime." I answer, repeating those words he said.

I stand up and we hug each other tight, with the table clapping and crying around us.

A/N PLEASE READ:
Hey everybody. I hoped you enjoyed the second part! I took me longer to write because of school, but thanks for reading. Also, I hope you liked the titles of little chapters. Oh and Sol (like Soul) with Luna, I though those were two perfect names for each other. Like opposites attract ... no ... Ok. Anyway, vote, comment, and Enjoy Every Book You Ever Read!