Holy Sheet Bro.

"Check it out, guys!" Ellen grinned, pushing Alex and Jackie over to a large object covered by a large, brown sheet. (Because sheets can be of colour too, you fucking sheet-racist.) She quickly yanked on the sheet to reveal a hunk of metal with four wheels attached to it. A car. Of course it was a car. Why wouldn't it be a car. "How's it look, eh?" Ellen asked, a gleam of unbridled pride. Jackie looked at the car with wide eyes. He paced forward and then proceeded to hug the car. "It's b eaUTIFUL AAHAHHHAHH!"

And so, Alex and Jackie left on a pretty rad car. And cliché-ishly, both of them yelled "road trip", thrusted their hands in the air and cranked the radio's volume up to its max, leaving the house and Ellen behind, weeping like a proud mother on the first day of her kid's education. "How long until we reach Fen's house anyway?" Jackie asked, leaning back on his seat. Alex straightened his lips in the slightest, then responded, "a week." Then, Jackie flipped his shit. He slammed his hand on the dashboard and punched it with his other. Realising what he did, he patted the dashboard lightly to not hurt the precious car. He glared at Alex. "Chill~ We'll be taking pit stops." Alex said, completely calm despite his cinnamon roll of a friend's anger. Upon hearing that, Jackie surrendered, quietly un-flipping his shit.

After a few hours of listening to an acquaintance's mixtape and talking trash, they reached the small town of Merport. Jackie was not amused. They parked their car outside Salty Diner. Why was the diner so salty? What did anybody ever do to the diner? Unfortunately, these questions had to be left unanswered. Because they were stupid. The two men quickly made their way into the diner.

The thick smell of cooked fish hung in the air. Waiters, waitresses and all other configurations of dudes who wait tables rushed about, carrying trays of soda and grease-drenched food to their respective recipients. Loud, albeit soft whirrs came from heaters running to keep the diner nice and toasty. It seemed like the main customers were families stopping by for a quick bite. Alex and Jackie swiftly got to a seat near the entrance. A waiter came by shortly after to take their orders. And he left. "Hey, that didn't go too bad." Alex said, slowly sinking into the seat's cushion. "Yeah? The guy didn't give me the glare. This place is way better than Mereby. Alex nodded. "Why did Fen move out?" Jackie asked, raising an eyebrow. Alex shook his head dismissively. "Reasons. Personally, I'd rather not talk about it." The food came along. Alex immediately took a bite out of the cooked fish. His nose scrunched up reflexively. So... Salty... He grabbed the litre jug of water from the waiter's hand and started chugging it down while horrified customers stared at the chain of events going on. Jackie pushed his plate back. After finishing half the jug, he slammed it on the table. Then he started choking. He drank too much water too quickly. This was definitely the best way to start the journey. But on an unrelated note, why wasn't anybody else choking on food? It seemed like they put way too much salt on Alex's food. How unfortunate.

After the salt incident, Alex and Jackie left the diner. Then they "whAT THE FUCK OH M-" Jackie screeched, stopping midway to clutch his chest and drop to the ground on his knees. Alex quickly noticed what was wrong. Oh no. Oh, no no no. He stared at the empty space in the parking lot. The car. It was gone.

 It was gone