Twelve

Miley's p.o.v.

Why is Jason such an ass? I don't need his help. I'm capable of taking care of myself. All this bullshit going on with the gangs is such shit. I am over all of this. I need a break. Wasn't the point of moving here, to get a break? 

I pulled myself together before walking into the house. I already know that I will have to face my father.

"Miley? Can you come in here please?" My dad yelled from his office.

"Shit." I murmured under my breathe. "What?" I asked walking in his office.

"I hear prom is this weekend. Remember how we said you would be involved in ALL senior events?" He said walking towards me.

"Yes," I said sighing. I didn't want anything to do with prom but, yet again, I didn't have a choice.

"Here is my credit card, get yourself whatever dress you want and anything else you will need. I will have a limo pick you up here, take you to dinner and then prom. So tell your date." He said handing me his card.

"Date?" I questioned. That wasn't a part of the terms, was it?

"Yes, date." He said sitting back down at his desk. "Go on. I need to finish this." He said wanting me to leave.

I couldn't believe him. I need a date? Well thats just great. I climbed into bed without bothering to even change and I quickly fell asleep.

--------

I rolled over and saw the sun shining through my blinds. I looked at my phone I saw that it is already 10am. It is to late to go to school, not that I cared.

I got up and showered anyways. I didn't know what I wanted to do with my day but I know that I want to get out of the house. I changed into some clean clothes putting some light make up on while throwing my hair into a bun before I left the house. 

I guess I should go find a dress. I still have to figure out a date. This whole situation is shit.

I started my car and drove off as I tried not to think about it. The mall was only about ten times away from my house. I parked in the parking lot and walked inside. I'm not sure where to look first so I just walked around. My head was buzzing with thoughts. 

I walked into Macy's and looked around a bit. But something felt off. I had a strange feeling someone is watching me, maybe even following me. I walked to the makeup counter and looked around at the makeup. I saw a man come up and look at the other make up counter across from me. 

I pulled out my phone out I walked out of Macy's. I walked towards the food court seeing if the man was still going to follow me. I soon noticed the man walking behind me. He was slick but not to slick. I decided to text Jason. I'm not sure what is going on but I'm not going to be stupid about this.

To Jason: I'm at the Center Mall and there is a man here following me. I'm not sure who he is.

A few seconds later he called me.

"Hello," I said answering the phone.

"Where are you?" He asked.

"I'm at the mall. My father wants me to find a prom dress." I said sitting down at a nearby table.

"Has the guy tried talking to you?" He asked.

"No," I sighed.

"How long has he been following you?"

"Im not sure. I just noticed him a few minutes ago. Has anyone followed you recently?"

"Not that I'm aware of. Did you drive yourself?"

"That's strange. And yes."

"Okay I'm almost there. The gang will be there soon. I don't want you to act strange. If he tries to approach you, I will be there. Just continue your shopping. Don't look for me or anyone else and don't make contact with him. Okay?" He asked.

"Yeah," I said but Jason had already hung up.

I really didn't want to call Jason but he seems to be the only person that I can trust anymore and he is fun to look at.

I walked up to Starbucks I ordered myself a coffee before I continued my journey. I wanted to look as normal as possible.

I noticed a David's Bridal and decided to find a dress in there.

"May I help you?" A women asked as I walked inside.

"Yes, im looking for a prom dress." I smiled.

"We have a nice few im stock over here." She showed me.

I tired a few on and immediately fell in love with a long pink strapless dress that fits me perfectly and is comfortable. I looked at myself in the mirror and knew this was the dress for me. I'm suprised it didn't take me as long as I thought it would. 

I changed back into my clothes and checked out. I walked around and saw a forever 21. I could definitely find shoes and accessories here. I looked around for about twenty minutes before I found a perfect necklace, bracelet, and earrings that matched my dress. I then walked over to the shoes area. I looked around and tried a few on before I found a perfect pair of black high heals. My goal is to look hot but not slutty.

I noticed that the man is still following me great. 

Once I got to my car, I placed my stuff in the back seat and walked around to the driver side. A black van suddenly pulled up. Ryan and Jason jumped out and grabbed the man that was following me and threw him in the van. Then Luke and the rest of the gang drove off with him in the van. Ryan and Jason then walked towards me.

"Are you okay?" Jason asked walking up to me. He looked concerned.

"I'm fine. Do you guys know who he is?" I asked.

"No, but we will find out." Ryan said. "Jason you can ride to the house with Miley, I'll drive your car back." Ryan said walking off.

"Shall we?" Jason asked.

"I guess," I said getting in the car. Jason got into the driver side and followed behind Ryan.

"I'm surprised you texted me." Jason said breaking the silence.

"Yeah, well, I can't take him down on my own. Especially if I'm the one he is following. And thank you." I said awkwardly.

"Anytime. By the way, I like your dress." Jason winked.

"Thanks. My father is making me go to prom. He even is renting a limo." I laughed.

"At least your going." He chuckled.

"Oh, so your not?" I asked. 

"No, there isn't anyone I want to go with." He said before clearing his throat. 

"I still don't have a date either." I said with a sigh. I couldn't even look at him.

"Really? The one and only Miley doesn't have a date. What a surprise." He laughed.

"Fuck you," I spat.

"When and where?" He laughed even harder.

"You are so rude." I replied.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you." He said sensing I was upset.

"Sure," I said rolling my eyes.

"So, are you going to find a date?" He asked.

"My dad is making me." I said as we pulled into the driveway. The whole gang was standing outside as if they had been waiting for us. Jason and I got out.

"Uh Jason, we have a problem." Ryan said. 

I can already sense this isn't going to be good.

Originally Published: 2013

Edited: 2016