Chapter 24 - Just Bent

Hello, everyone! As always, I'd like to thank everyone who read, voted and commented! :) xx

Dedicating this chapter to @Amy_TW! Enjoy your vacation! :) 

Also, check out her The Vamps fan fic "Feelings of Change!"

Note: This chapter will be feautring Daniela Andrande and New Heights' (DanielaSings on YouTube) cover of Pink 's (Feat. Nate Ruess) "Just Give Me a Reason." I DO NOT OWN BOTH WORKS OKAY. No copyright infringement intended. :) You can watch the video by clicking on the video on the side. :) I suggest that you guys listen to it especially when you get to that part. You'll know when you read it. A guitar was used in the cover, so it sounds different as compared to the original version.  Also, because their voices are just amazing. Lastly, a picture of Vera's outfit can be found on the side too! :) 

Hope you guys enjoy! xx

-------------------------

Chapter 24 - Just Bent

"Alright, people, listen up!" Lacey spoke up, setting the meeting in order . We were brainstorming for this year's annual charity concert. It was something Luke and I did for fun. Although it always seemed like other people who entered only did as a dare , a joke or to party, we both took it quite seriously. We both loved to sing, and Luke knew his ways around guitar strings and piano keys. This was the first time we weren't entering together, as he signed up (even without me) and I was heading the production team with Lacey. 

"Vera!" Lacey called my attention. She was an amazing leader and nobody could deny that. She was also head cheerleader, an A plus student and the class president. Talk about well-rounded. When she was given this project, I was sort of relieved because I knew it was going to be brilliant. 

"This year, I was thinking of making the concert a competition," Lacey said. "We'll have auditions to make sure that those who'll perform during the concert can actually sing." We all started to laugh, recalling some of the most awful performances during the annual concert. 

"What about the prizes?" Someone asked. 

"If we get the right sponsors, we can give out something huge!" Lacey replied with confidence. "Then again, anyone other than Luke and Vera would kill for a minute under the spotlight and wouldn't care about the prize. Seriously, they're the only reason I go to that concert anyway," she said matter-of-factly and the room was buzzing with yeah’s and aww’s. I cleared my throat and the room fell silent. 

"As you all know, I'm not doing the concert this year, but Luke is. Show him lots of love, okay? I know that I'll have loads of fun working with you guys though!" I said, earning smiles from the production team. 

"Alright, let's get to work," Lacey said, clapping her hands twice. We all decided that we will hold the auditions this friday at the auditorium. Lacey will be one of the judges, to be joined by a senior, a music teacher and our principal. We also agreed that the people who will attend the concert will be given the chance to vote for the winner. We haven't decided on a prize yet, but suggestions like a spa weekend  and a road trip came up. We sent out e-mails, tweets and text blasts to tell everyone who wanted to join to attend a short meeting at the auditorium on Wednesday. We also agreed that each group can only have up to five members. Over-all, it was a productive meeting. When the meeting was over, I found Austin waiting for me outside the classroom we used. I smiled at him before tiptoeing to give him a kiss. 

"You didn't have to wait for me, you know," I said and I playfully punched his arm. Don't get me wrong, I was touched that he waited.

Austin pretended that the punch hurt him, which made me laugh. "I figured you might be hungry after the meeting. I wanted to take my girlfriend to dinner!" He chuckled.