Chapter 20

(So before I begin the chapter, I want to clarify something. I have been told that my previous chapter didn't fit into the plot of the story. I just want everyone to know that it isn't really supposed to. Is just a short chapter about Ali's family life. We haven't seen enough of that in my opinion. But if you want to, then you may consider Chapter 19 as an extra short story instead of an actual chapter. The plot from Chapter 18 will carry on here. Enjoy and as always thanks for reading!)

"Hi," I said to James as I sat down next to him on the swings.

"Hey," he said.

"So, what happens now?" I asked.

"I don't know. I guess we have to return there."

I nodded. The willow tree was the key in this mystery.

"Do you think it will bring you anymore painful memories?" James asked me.

I sighed. "I just don't know. The tree usually brings happy memories of Pearl and Finch. But happy memories won't be enough anymore."

He nodded. "Anything we learn from now on will be painful," he looked at me, "especially for you."

"I know. But I can't give up now. We are too close to solving this enigma."

"I agree, is just that I don't want you to be hurt again."

I trembled. "But if we don't put an end to this mystery, it will always hunt us. We will both be hurt for the rest of our lives."

He looked at me for a couple of seconds, and then nodded. "Ok, so let's put an end to this."

"We will return to the willow tree and find the answers we want- the answers we need."

"And do you think that we are nearing  the end?"

"We must be. The song doesn't look like is far from its end. Let's try to find the next part."

"Yes, that song is our best resource. We need to get to the end of it."

I nodded. I took a deep breath and prepared myself for what was coming.

"Let's go," I said, standing up.

I gave James my hand. "Are you with me?"

He smiled and stood up, not letting go of my hand. "Always."

Hand in hand, we began the walk to the meadow.