four.

I didn't confront Alicia about the necklace immediately but I remembered Alicia mentioned about her three sons who were studying in universities now. Could one of them be Alex? Right at that moment, a man walked into the room. After taking off his shoes, he walked towards Alicia and gave her a kiss on the cheek. He gestured towards me and asked Alicia who was I. Alicia had to say I was a new neighbour she met in the market this morning. I gave him a light smile and he walked away swiftly without returning my smile. I was aware of how dangerous this man can potentially be- I'm not forgetting the fact that he could be a real killer.

After bidding goodbye to Alicia, I left the house wondering what was going on with the two of them. Alicia was hiding something from me, especially that necklace that I gave Alex years ago while her husband, Paul was definitely a mysterious man with plenty of secrets in his bag. I really want nothing to do with this married couple. The more I know about them, the more I feel like I am unable to leave this web of mysteries.

As I walked slowly to my car that was parked right beside the tree in front of Alicia's house, I felt someone patting my back. I turned around and it was Paul. Yes, crazy psychopathic maniac- Paul was following me to my car. I tried to keep my surprise to myself, fearing that Paul will see through my façade and use my fear as an advantage.

"You are afraid, I know. Alicia told me about how I am having an affair or being a cruel killer and what not. I am not any of those. But you have to leave us alone. We will deal with this matter ourselves. You have no rights and power to walk into my house and tell my wife what to do and what not to do. She was afraid and helpless, but please don't use that as weapon for your selfish ulterior motive. I know people like you. People like you who use others as means for money."

His hand stretched out. I knew he figured out the truth about his missing phone.

"Quit faking it. I knew she handed it to you so give it to me now, give me my phone now."

I shook my head in denial and told him I don't understand what he was saying.

"If you were smart enough, you would know better than to be around Alicia. She is not as innocent as she looks. I don't know who you are but I bet Lisa told you all about my supposed affairs and mistress. You are nothing more than just a pawn in her game of chess. Stay away from her. Give me my phone and leave us the hell alone."

I still remained in denial, not willing to admit that the phone was indeed with me.

"I know you may still be doubtful of me. However, take me at my words: Alicia is not as trustworthy as you think she is."

I drove away as fast as possible, not willing to stay another moment with Paul. I know something was terribly wrong with this family. They seem to have a lot to hide, but no, not embarrassing tales that they are too shy to share. Rather, they were hiding deadly secrets, secrets that could potentially harm or even, kill.