chapter 4

Speak, speak easy to me. Got a lot on your mind, this time tonight.

And now it was Taehyung's turn to have trouble falling asleep. Usually, he didn't have any problems concerning sleep. Once his head hit the pillow, he was out.

Unlike Jungkook, sleeping was the only way to escape the burning desire in him to die.

Speak, speak easy to me. My victory is sweet, and holds defeat. Speak, and let your world come undone.

Maybe he was suicidal, maybe he was depressed, but Taehyung didn't know. He just wanted to die.

But that changed over the last couple of weeks, ever since he had met Jungkook. That feeling of wanting death, changed into wanting the dead boy in his class.

Taehyung was almost certain Jungkook would never want him in the same way, and that's what was bothering him.

But little did he know, Jungkook was having the same problem, two miles away.

And oh God, this is the last time. Can we keep the dialogue? Will it ever be enough?

∆∆∆

The next day, as Jungkook was walking to school, he heard someone shout him name.

"Jungkook! Kookie!"

Jungkook groaned, turning around and seeing Jimin running towards him.

"Ah, there you are. I was looking for you." Jimin grinned, slapping a hand on Jungkook's shoulder.

"So how's my lover boy doing?" Jimin asked, mockingly.

"Can you not call me that? I'm not in love with him."

Jimin laughed. "Soon you will be."

Jungkook groaned in response, kicking at a rock on the ground. They were almost at school, and Jungkook didn't want to have to deal with Jimin teasing him every single time Taehyung walked by.

They walked to the front doors, joining the plethora of other students walking in, ready for the first class of the day.

"Oh my god, there he is!" Jimin yelped, jumping up and down in excitement. He waved towards Taehyung, catching his attention.

"I fucking swear, if you say anything-" Jungkook began to harshly whisper, but when Taehyung approached them, he smiled.

Jimin giggled. "Hi Taehyung!"

"Hi Jimin." He waved politely in return, facing Jungkook.

"So Jimin is your friend?"

Jungkook nodded, not exactly trusting himself to speak at the moment.

"We're best friends, right Jungkookie?" Jimin placed his arm around Jungkook's shoulder, still grinning.

Jungkook groaned. He hated that nickname.

Then, awkward silence filled the space. Other students ran past them yelling, along others that were walking and talking.

Jimin cleared his throat. "Well, the bell is about to ring, so uh, I'm gonna leave you two alone." Jimin walked away, winking at Jungkook as he left.

Taehyung laughed once Jimin was out of earshot. "He's certainly still as energetic as when I knew him back in grade school."

"Some things never change." Jungkook mumbled, with Taehyung still smiling.

The bell rang, but Taehyung and Jungkook didn't move in the direction of their first classes.