Prologue

Feeling lonely isn't fun but it was and is just part of life. Hayden Japers knows this better than anyone. At his school Hayden was quite popular, you think this would mean he would have tons of friends but that's not the case here. Hayden is popular because he is both on the soccer team and the fastest runners on the track team. He just doesn't want to be friends with people who don't like him for who he is and just like him because he's popular or good looking. It wasn't that he has a bad family, his parents were great, except that the fact that their jobs always had him occupied. He didn't have any brothers either he just had this annoying sister, Dawn, all he has is his dog, a bernedoodle (mix of poodle and a bernese mountain dog), named Rebound.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hayden was in class staring out the window daydreaming. Suddenly the intercom turned on with a ding, snapping him out of his thoughts. "Hayden Jaspers please come to the office. Hayden Jaspers please come to the office." Hayden heard the class whispering and a few boy going "Ooooooh he's in trouble.". Hayden stood grabbing his notebook and messenger bag. Leaving the class, walking through the school, down the hall towards the office. In the office the secretary told him to take a seat and that the principle will be with him soon. A few minuets later the principle walked over to him saying "Hayden, this is Jacob Mestern, he's new student. Jacob, this is Hayden Jaspers ,he'll be showing you around today." Hayden looked up and say a boy his age with dark brown hair with a bleached blond fringe covering the his left side of his face, grinning at him. "Hey, I'm Jacob but call me Jace." Jace said sticking out his hand to Hayden. "Hi. I'm Hayden." Hayden said shaking Jace's hand. "Can I see your schedule?" Hayden asked pointing to the piece paper in Jace's hand.

Looking over the schedule before saying "We have first, second, fourth and seventh period together. Come one I'll show you around." Hayden said standing up and walking out the office. "Okay! Where to first?" Jace responded, giving Hayden a smile and following him. "First period is this way. In room 167. We have english with Miss Brennen, one of the nicest teachers in the school" Hayden said pointing one of the halls. In the halls many students greeted him, "Hi Hayden." "'Sup Bro." "Hi hottie." Jace turned to him with a grin. "I take it you are quite the popular one." Hayden just made a agreeing noise instead of saying anything. Jace started asking many questions, "Are you on the soccer team?" "What are the teacher like?" "Do you like pie?" "Is this school fun?". Hayden felt like his head was going to explode but Jace just kept asking more questions. 'This is going to be long day.' Hayden muttered to himself.