5

Soft Breathing filled my ears as I woke. I noticed that a pair of arms were wrapped around me. It was warm in the bed, and I closed my eyes hoping that I could fall back asleep in Kyo's arms, just like this. Unfortunately, I was already too awake to fall back asleep, and I decided to just lay there and enjoy the moment while it lasted.

"...Kyo?" I spoke softly after a few moments.

"Hmm?" He mumbled back quietly after a second. His tone was tired.

"Oh, did I wake you up?" I immediately felt bad, but he dispelled my worries quickly.

"No...I was already partially awake. It's alright."

I turned over to look at his face. He opened his eyes to glance over my expression and then closed them again. He pulled me a little closer to his body. His bare skin was warm and soft. I glanced down slightly, observing the possible mess we made last night.

Surprisingly, the bed was more intact than I thought it would be. Usually sheets and pillows were all over. It wasn't like it really mattered though, because I'd be washing all of it by the end of today anyhow. I closed my eyes for a second time and began sorting my thoughts. Suddenly, I remembered our fridge issue.

"Kyo, we've got to go shopping today. There isn't much left for us to eat around here." I said.

"That's fine...Do we have anything to eat before we go, or should we get breakfast in town?" He opened his eyes and looked down at me.

"I think we have cereal...oatmeal too, maybe." I tried to think of some other things, but we really didn't have anything spectacular like eggs or stuff for pancakes.

"Would you like to eat in town, then?" He asked me after pondering our few options. 

"Well...I don't mind eating cereal, really." I answered. Even though we'd been together for years, I still didn't like the idea of him spending money on me when he didn't have to.

"Aki..." He smiled lightly. "If I'm offering to take you, then you should accept it."

"I know but...I just-" I was suddenly cut off with a kiss.

"I know," He said. "You're trying to be considerate. However, I would love to take you to breakfast." He smiled at me. His smile always held my eyes, and no matter how hard I tried to look away, I couldn't. It was too impossible.

"Well..." I tried not to sound objective as I spoke. "Okay." I agreed.

"Good. Come on. Let's get ready and head out then." Kyo pushed the blankets off of his body, and I did my best to not stare as he got dressed. I pulled on my own clean clothes as well, then we brushed our teeth. After I finished getting ready, i sat on the edge of the tub and waited for Kyo.

He fixed his hair easily with a spray bottle and a comb. I watched him as he did it. As I glanced at my own reflection in the mirror, my face fell into a look of slight disappointment. My hair just didn't do anything I wanted it to, and my looks weren't anywhere near Kyo's. I always felt so childish compared to him.

"Aki?" Kyo called me. I looked over at him and  he stared at me. He was, as usual, neat, tidy, and very attractive.

"Yes?" I replied, looking over his body as he approached me.

"What is it?" He asked as he pulled me up by the hand. 

"Hm? Nothing, why?" I responded.

"You looked a bit sad for a moment there." He answered. I laughed and shook my head.

"No, I'm fine, really." I gave him a smile and he looked down at me slightly concerned. After a moment, he gave me a smile and nodded.

"Well, we better get going. I don't want to hit rush hour in the restaurants and stores. I looked over at the clock as we exited the bedroom. It was still early, but Kyo was right about rush hour and such. We only had a couple more hours left probably before the streets started to get too busy.