Where are We Going?

Just a head's up, unless stated otherwise at the beginning of the chapter, the story is in Myrna's POV

It was how high the sun was that told me that I was late for the council. I quickly changed my tunic and put on my boots before hurrying out of my room.

As I approached the terrace, I saw two fair-haired hobbits quietly walking that way.

"Where do you think you are going?" I asked them with a small smirk.

Pippin and Merry jumped and turned to face me.

"Good morning, Myrna!" Pippin greeted. "We were just taking a walk."

I nod slightly. "Just stay on either side of the doorway." I gave them a wink and went onto the terrace. As I entered, Frodo was up in front of a pedestal. I lean against a pillar by the door, not wanting to draw attention.

As Frodo stepped back, murmurs erupted throughout the council.

"So, it is true." I hear Boromir say softly but I don't pay attention.

My eyes are fixed on the gold Ring in the center of the room.

"Murderer." A man's voice says in my head. "Traitor. You abandoned him."

I shook my head and searched the council. Frodo sat at the end next to Gandalf, followed by Legolas flanked by two other elves. Nicole was sitting in between an elf and a dwarf. Then was Glóin, then Gimli, then a dwarf that I did not recognize, followed by two men, Boromir, another man, than Aragorn. My eyes went back to Nicole and she looked in my direction. I gave her a look of confusion hinting towards why she wasn't sitting next to Legolas. She just shook her head and sighed, meaning that the two races still didn't get along.

"The doom of Men." I shuddered as the dark voice entered my mind again. Thankfully, my attention was moved to Boromir who suddenly stood.

"In a dream, I saw the eastern sky grow dark. A voice was crying: 'Your doom is near at hand.'" I straightened as he slowly approached the Ring. "Isildur's Band is found." He reached out for the Ring.

"Boromir!" I hear Elrond say before Gandalf's voice filled the entire room.

"Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi." As Gandalf spoke, the sky darkened and when he finished, everyone looked terrified. I had at some point slid down the pillar and held my head, so I stood back up and shook a bit to get over the feeling.

"Never before has any voice uttered the words of that tongue here in Imaldris!" Elrond said, looking annoyed.

"I do not ask your pardon, Master Elrond, for the Black Speech of Mordor may yet be heard in every corner of the West!" Gandalf says out of breath. "The Ring is altogether evil!" He sits back down.

"It is a gift." I roll my eyes as Boromir stands up, seeming to be unphased by what just happened. "A gift to the foes of Mordor. Why not use this Ring?"

'Because it's evil and anyone who holds it goes crazy?' I thought to myself.

"Long has my father, the Steward of Gondor, kept the forces of Mordor at bay." Boromir starts pacing.

'Your father? Yeah, he didn't need the Ring to go crazy. Besides the last thing he needs it this Ring.' I look at the ground briefly before back at Boromir.

"By the blood of our people are your lands kept safe!" I shoot Nicole a look and she returns one that tells me to calm down. "Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy. Let us use it against him!" He exclaims, sounding a bit desperate.