The Beginning

It all started at school, November 17. I was crossing the yard to building three with my friends, Shannon and Manda. “So we all agree? My house tomorrow night?” Shannon asked. “Yeah, sure. That sounds great!” I said with enthusiasm. Shannon’s sleepovers were always the best with movies and popcorn wars. The bell rang and we all raced into the building, down the hall to Mrs. Fletcher’s room and into our seats. “Miss Mark, Miss Kaleb, and Miss Shelby, I expect all of you to be here for after-school detention today.” Mrs. Fletcher screeched. Everybody hated her, even some of the other teachers. The bell finally rang and I walked into the hall. That’s when I first saw him.

Actually, it wasn’t seeing him that put me into shock, it was him running into me that did it. I was so stupid! I had been standing right in front of him like an idiot! I fell backwards and hit my head on the concrete floor. “Oh god! I am so sorry!” He yelled. I looked up at him in confusion for a second until I remembered what happened. “No, its fine,” I said. ”That was totally my fault.” He pulled me up gently and I leaned against the lockers. He crouched down and grabbed his books. After he got all of them, he stood back up. “You don’t look so good. Should I take you to the infirmary?” He examined my face. I was too stunned to answer. His voice was so…their were no words to describe it.

Just then, Manda and Shannon walked up. “Falicity! What happened!?” Shannon shouted. She always overreacted. “I’m fine Shan, just fell.” She didn’t look convinced. “Lets get you to the infirmary Falicity. You look sick, and your head…lets just say theirs some blood.” I touched the back of my head and felt it was wet and sticky. “Oh crap!” Then I noticed the guy still standing their looking guilty. I sighed. “I’m sorry I bumped into you. That was all my fault. Don’t beat yourself up over it.” I said trying to make things better. Now I had a chance to look him over. Black hair that fell into his eyes. That’s what really disappointed me. I couldn’t see his eyes. It’s not like I didn’t like his hair or anything, its just…I don’t know. Lets just say I can tell a lot about a person by they’re eyes. He was thin and pale and had a black hoodie on. Overall, he was pretty hot. I glanced at my friends who looking so anxious they might burst. “To the infirmary.” I said. I grabbed their arms and walked away.