Chapter 4: Why Won't You Leave Me Alone?

I Hate My Life Chapter 4

Why Won’t You Leave Me Alone?

                I stood there staring into Daichie’s brown eyes quizzically; mauling his question over in my mind. Was I supposed to know who he was? Or did he just mistake me for someone else? Yeah, that’s what I’ll say to get him off of my case and out of my face. I’ll tell him that he must’ve mistaken me for someone else. Problem solved. “I’m sorry, but you must have the wrong person.” I said trying to shake my hand from his grasp, but he refused to release me. I glanced at Ayame for some help but she held her hands up in defense and skipped off to her next class because she didn’t want to be late. Traitor. I’d fix her later.

                At my answer, his dark brown eyes burned into my lighter ones with a certain intensity that made me shutter. “Oh?” He breathed, as he took a step forward and closed the gap between us, the close proximity of his body to mine causing my heart rate to quicken. He was making me so nervous I was afraid that I might faint. “I have the inkling feeling that you’re trying to disregard the fact that we do indeed have a connection.” He finished as he lent his face down toward me with a grin.

                Recomposing myself, I narrowed my eyes at him and struggled in his grasp, but he didn’t budge an inch. Damn he was too strong for me. If I wanted to get away from this freak I’d have to play it cool and see if I could trick him. A slight smirk graced my lips at the plot that began to unravel in my mind.

                “Connection? I have no idea what you’re talking about. I doubt I’d ever forget such a handsome face as yours.” I said in a rather seductive manner as I reached my free hand up and cupped his left cheek. A few onlookers glanced at us briefly with light blushes on their faces but continued walking as if they saw nothing.  I was going to put my nickname, “The Gem” to good use. I had seduced countless boys and girls into doing whatever I wanted for years. Daichie would be no different.

                He raised an eyebrow at the gesture and chuckled, taking my hand down and giving it a little squeeze. “Makoto, don’t think you can flirt your way out of this. I might just jog your memory in a way you’ll never forget.” He husked into my ear.

                I reeled back with a deep blush on my face and stared at him with my wide eyes. How did he see through my guise and play me right back? His sly remarks made my advancement look like a parlor trick. Who was this guy? He wasn’t normal….

                “I….uh…um…” I stuttered in shock.

                With a laugh he released my hand and stepped away from me. “Don’t initiate something you can’t finish.” He said in a snarky tone. “Because unlike you, I follow through with what I put out. I’ll be seeing you again Makoto.”

                I just stood there staring at his retreating back as he made his way to his next class. I was so confused about what just happened I didn’t know what to do with myself. Daichie had unnerved me to the point where I had no idea what to do next. No one had ever accomplished such a feat with me because it was normally the other way around. I was the one that instilled nervousness and uneasiness in those around me. I was the one that played with people’s emotions for the fun of it and walked off. But, it would seem that the tables had turned.

                The sound of the second bell ringing shook me of my thoughts and brought me back to the reality in front of me. “Shit.” I silently cursed. “That bastard made me late for class! First he irritates me and now this?! This day is really starting to suck.” I raced off in the direction of my next class in hope that the lesson didn’t progress without me.