The Picture In The Locket

"No...no...m-my family couldn't have forgotten about me," I stammered.

"That's not what my brother is suggesting," Ford said.

"Your family could have been murdered by Pacifica," Stan said. "That's why you weren't reported missing."

"NO! THAT'S A LIE! THEY ARE ALIVE SOMEWHERE AND I'M GOING TO FIND THEM!" I screamed, and ran out of the house.

I almost made it down the front steps when I realized that I couldn't move. Gideon walked next to me, pointing at me.

"William, listen to me," Gideon sighed. "We know that you have had quick visions. Those might mean something. Try to remember. Your parents might not have been killed."

Gideon snapped his fingers, and I was able to move again. I looked at Gideon, and slowly nodded my head.

I reached for my neck, remembering my bow tie locket.

"Maybe this will hold some answers," I suggested.

I took it off, and opened the locket. I stared at a small picture of a small three demon family. There was a woman, a man, and a small boy. The woman was smiling, her hand on the boy's shoulder. The man was also smiling, his hand on the boy's other shoulder. The boy was me. I closed the locket, and held it close to my heart. I knew that they were my mother and my father.

I closed my eyes, and tried to remember what happened. Flashes of red, orange, and yellow flashed before my eyes. I soon found myself standing in front of a small house in the woods, and I walked to the window. I saw three figures move about. My mother, my father, and... I felt a lump in my throat, and I put my hand on the windowsill. Me.

An arrow that was lit flew into the house, setting it on fire. My parents were trying to push me out of our house while the flames licked the walls. Another figure, which I noticed had long blonde hair, came in, aiming a weapon at me. My mother dove in front of me, blocking the weapon from hitting me. My father shoved me out of the house, and I saw myself running as fast as I could away from my burning house. I reached out to the boy. Running fast. So scared. The vision started to waver, and I felt myself being shaken. I tried to grab at the boy, but I was being pulled back into reality. The last thing I saw was the figure with the long blonde hair, running towards me. Its face was hazy, but I could make out a face. It was her.

"William!"

I opened my eyes to find Gideon shaking me, a terrified look on his face. My locket almost fell out of my hands, and I pushed Gideon away from me.

"What did you do that for?" I asked. "I almost found out who killed my family!"

"Are-are you okay?" Gideon asked me, backing away.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, after you closed your eyes, you started to mumble something," Gideon replied, looking down. "I became worried, so I tried to take out a memory bubble to see what you saw-" Gideon paused, and looked up. "-but, it didn't let me. You started to wimper and shake. Tears were rolling down your face, and you were reaching out to something. I shook you out of your vision in worry."

Tears? I was crying? I suddenly felt the taste of salty tears in my mouth. I was crying. I didn't care. I let them fall. My hands clenched my locket tighter, making my knuckles white.

"William?"

I looked up through water soaked eyes, and saw Mabel standing next to Gideon. She looked at me with worry, then pulled me into a hug. 

I comforted her before, now she was returning the favor. I was taken by surprise at first, but I returned her hug. I had just seen my family killed. No demon should ever have to see that.

***Sorry if I haven't been updating as much. School and stuff.***