New Faces

"Thump-Thump". My hearts pounding out of my chest. Louder and faster it becomes. My name is Mercy. I'm 18 years old and moving to some old little town in Virginia with my father John. I've never been close to my father. I've always lived with my mother and he was never in my life until my mother was murdered.

So now I'm living with my father in his little trailer in this small town that seems to be desolate. I've become so nervous. My bones are shaking and my hands are sweating. When I reach the trailer I slowly knock on the door.

Then a man answers the door. He smelled of smoke and looked as if he hadn't bathed in days. The man soon asks, "Are you Mercy?!" I slowly answer yes as I put my blue suitcase down to shake the mans hands. Instead of shaking my hands the man grabs me and gives me the biggest hug ever. The man started crying as he said "Mercy, I'm your father. John!"

I've never seen my father in real life. I've only seen the man in pictures. As I enter the house my face slowly turned to a face of disgust. The house hadn't been cleaned in weeks. My father offered me something to eat or drink but I declined. I decided to get out of the house and explore town.

I went to the town library which seemed old and falling apart. As I'm there I bump into this guy. He was the most beautiful person I've ever seen. He was tall with pale skin and beautiful hazel eyes. His hair was flowing down is back softly. And he smelled as mysterious as I.

After we bumped into each other we started talking. He told me his name was Aiden. I told him my name also. He invited me to go order coffee at a new cafe down the street. As we were there I told him about myself. "I'm living here with my father. He's so much different than my mother" I said as I took another sip of my cappuccino. Aiden said he knew my father and that they weren't really friends. "I've been living here for many years. This town has gotten smaller and smaller by the minute. It's going to become a ghost town", Aiden said.

We both soon left the cafe. Aiden gave me a big hug on the way out. "I hope to see you soon" Aiden said as he handed me a rose. My face turned as red as an apple as I struggled to say "I hope to see you soon too"

When I got home my father had asked me were I was. I told him everything that happened. He told me to stay away from Aiden because he's trouble. I rolled my eyes after he had said that. I ran to my room and flopped on to my squeaky blue bed. I laid there with the biggest smile on my face thinking of Aiden. I think I'm already in love.