4: I Don't Want To Leave You Breathless

The song for this chapter is "Breathless" by Asking Alexandria (obviously). Anyways, I'm hoping that you guys enjoy this chapter and vote and comment per usual! For the next chapter I'm adding a video tour of Asking Alexandria's tour bus so you guys can see what it looks like!

Love you guys!
~BH

~*~

Denis Alexandrovich Shaforostov
12 April 2015
12:22

I heard the guys laughing around the breakfast table about something that must've been really hilarious because Sam's practically crying. I slid in my earbuds and blocked their laughter out. Then my phone started to ring and I answered it quickly.

"Hello Denis!" It was my mother. Her thick Ukrainian accent would've made any primarily English-speaking person not understand a word she said. I grew up speaking Ukrainian so I could've understood her whether she spoke English in a thick accent or Ukrainian.

"Hello Mother," I replied. "How are you?"

"I'm fine darling. How is your band going?"

I really wished that she hadn't mentioned it. "I quit Down & Dirty last week."

"But why Denis? You were so happy!" She protested. "You were doing great! What happened?"

"I got an offer from another band Mother," I explained with a light laugh. "I just can't tell you the name of the band yet."

"I wish you the very best my son. I love you very much my sweet boy." I could hear the warmth and sincerity in her voice and I smiled.

"I love you too Mother." And with that I hung up the phone. I pulled my earbuds out and saw the entire AA gang watching me curiously. "What?"

Ben was the first to speak. "Mate you never said you spoke Russian!"

I laughed. "Well for starters it's not Russian, it's Ukrainian. Secondly, you never asked me." Ben's eyes were clouded with something but I couldn't figure it out.

Never mind that, I've more important things to focus on than Ben's beautiful eyes.

"So what's on the agenda for today?" I asked, changing the topic so I wouldn't stare into Ben's beautiful fucking eyes.

"Well I'm trying to write our next album," mumbled Ben. "but it just sucks."

I frowned. "It can't be that bad," I said reassuringly. "You guys are Asking Alexandria for fuck's sake! Your albums don't suck."

"This one does." Ben pouted, sticking his tongue out like a child.

I sighed and thought for a moment. "Maybe I can help you?"

Everyone looked at me questioningly and I felt my face burn a bit red. "What?" I grumbled. "I wanna help you guys."

Cameron shrugged and looked across the way at Ben. "What do you think mate?" He asked. "Should we let him help us write this next one? All we need are the lyrics and the vocals, we've got all of the instrumentals down."

Ben inhaled and exhaled deeply. "I mean I don't know." He paused. "Do you have ANY song-writing experience?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I mean I guess I do," I told him honestly. "I've helped out people with the writing process. I write poetry, if that counts." The guys looked at each other as if they were silently communicating about me. Knowing my intuition, they probably were. Finally, Cameron looked up at me with a light grin.

"I guess you're in Denis." He gripped my hand and gave it a firm shake. "Welcome to Asking Alexandria, Denis Stoff."

~*~

Ik that was a short chapter but I couldn't figure out where to go from there with Denis's POV. I ran low on ideas (I've had a tough past few days) and yeah. Sorry if this is too short of a chapter, but the next one won't be as short. You could say that this was more of a filler chapter I guess. I can't wait to share the next chapter with you guys! As usual, vote and leave a comment! I look forward to reading your comments!

Love you guys!
~BH