4

On your way to school, you and Ken were stopped by a distracted Nishiki and his girlfriend, Kimi.

"Yo Y/n, sorry for bumping into you but we sort of need your help."

You did your signature handshake greeting with Nishiki as Ken stood to the side and Kimi smiled at you.

"No worries, what's up?"

"Prom is coming up and well..."

Nishiki nervously scratched the back of his neck and tapped the ground with his foot as he held some blue flyers in his right hand.

"...Kimi and I sorta want to get nominated for Prom King and Queen."

Without warning, Ken started to cough violently, so you patted his back pretty hard as he let out some final sputtering coughs.

He turned to Nishiki, "B-but you're a ghoul!"

Nishiki grinned and winked at Kimi who proceeded to talk to Ken.

"Well no one knows I am one! 'Cept you guys and Kimi. I think we have a great chance at winning, don't we babe?"

Kimi shyly nodded and buried her head in Nishiki's shoulder.

You walked towards Nishiki and took half of his blue flyers which read:

'NISHIKI & KIMI 4 PROM KING X QUEEN'

"Alright, well these aren't going to post themselves. Ken and I can put up half of your flyers so you and Kimi should only worry about putting up your half."

Nishiki ran and embraced you tightly as he kept thanking you for your help.

You ended up splitting up with Nishiki and Kimi to put up some flyers with Ken. You started towards the gym and made your way towards the art room.

All of a sudden, you felt a close presence behind you and you knew it wasn't Ken since he was right in front of you trying to put up a flyer on the school's bulletin board.

You turned around and saw no one until you looked down. None other than Touka Kirishima eyeing your flyers curiously while in school uniform.

"Oh, hey. Fancy seeing you here Kirishima."

"What're those flyers for?"

You smirked and held down a flyer to her eye-level for her to read.

"Ew, I can't believe Kimi is still with Nishiki!"

You retorted back at her, "Hey! They're good for each other."

She shook her head and handed the flyer back to you.

"Humans and ghouls aren't meant to be. It's like oil and water, they don't mix."

You felt a twinge of pain and confusion upon hearing her remark. You tried to reply to her but Ken perked his head up and rushed towards the both of you as soon as he took notice of Touka.

"Hi Touka! I was putting up some flyers for Kimi and Nishiki so they could hopefully win prom king and queen."

She smiled at him and began to make small talk with him.

You quietly left them together for them to interact with each other. You felt frustrated and confused at Touka's comment about ghoul and human relationships.

How was it that she didn't think that those type of relationships wouldn't work? Does she hate half-human/half-ghoul hybrids? What if she hates you and Ken? Would she ever expose you and Ke-

"Y/n!"

You perked your head up and turned to find Hinami (your favorite teacher's daughter) running towards you.