move on

November

The rest of the week passed by without incident, no nightmares, no flashbacks, no hallucination. Phil and I had been texting on and off all week, but hadn't gotten a chance to see each other since the morning we had breakfast.

Now that Dan knew who I was, and apparently liked me a decent amount according to Phil, I got invited over to their flat for movie night. I hadn't been over much in the two years I'd Lived in london, either because Phil and I went out to do stuff, or because I didn't know Dan, and I felt weird invading their house.

Today I had yet another boring day of books and baths and food, and was extremely excited to see other people, to do something. Even if it was just watching a movie. I didn't even know what movie they'd picked, but I trusted Phil to make sure there weren't any horror movies, or thrillers including torture and kidnapping in the lineup. I wanted to make sure I didn't have an episode around Dan, I'd only met him once and doubted he would take hysterical crying over seemingly nothing very well.

I did know that we were having chinese food, which pleased me. I loved chinese food almost as much as I loved thai food, so as long as they picked a decent movie, everything seemed like it would turn out pretty well.

The night air was cool against my skin as I made my way towards their flat, and I wished I had worn a jacket too. The long sleeved tee shirt and leggings I had chosen didn't keep me quite warm enough, I'd thought it would be warmer considering the high of the day had been 24(75 fahrenheit) degrees. By the time I got over to their flat, I was shivering. The daytime temperature had been ridiculously warm for November, but the nighttime was as it should be- bitingly cold.

I knocked loudly, hoping they wouldn't take too long arguing over which one of them had to open it. It turned out to be Phil, and the moment the door opened, I dashed inside, a bewildered Phil trailing behind me at a much slower pace. The air inside their flat was much warmer than the night air outside, and I sighed in relief as I rubbed my arms in an attempt to stay warm.

"Were you that cold?" Phil asked, coming up behind me.

"Do you see what I'm wearing?" I countered, gesturing to my clothes.

"Yeah, but that's your fault." He responded as we began ascending the numerous flights of stairs.

"I didn't think it would be so cold tonight! it was 24 earlier today." I grumbled, frustrated with the fact that he was right, even though I didn't want to admit it.

"Dan can lend you a jumper." Phil said in an attempt to console me.

"Why can't you lend me one?" I pouted, a little bit uncomfortable with the idea of nabbing a sweater from Dan, I liked him a lot and didn't want to overstep some invisible line by borrowing his clothing.

"Most of mine are in the wash, and I know you don't like my adventure time hoodie." Phil responded, and I crinkled my nose. He was right, I didn't like the adventure time hoodie. Part of it was the fact it was yellow, and yellow was my least favorite color next to white. The other part was adventure time gave me the creeps, nothing in it ever made sense.

"Okay." I conceded, finally getting to the top of the stairs and into the lounge.

"Hey Mara." Said a voice from the other side of the room, and I turned to see Dan seated on a large grey couch, a macbook in his lap and a glass of ribena in his hand.

"Hi Dan." I responded, striding over to the couch and plopping down next to him, keeping a respectable distance. "What movies have you got in store for me?" I asked, smiling as Phil came and sat down on the other side of me, carrying a blanket.