We Are Alive Here In Death Valley

Sorry it's been so long! I'm not exactly sure where I'm going with this story after this next big part but I think I know.
Ps- I've been writing this chapter since October.
*********

Your earpiece was turned off ever since Patrick left his house. It scared you but other than comfort, if John was going to do something, Patrick couldn't really help anyways.

Right now you were just watching him from upstairs. He hadn't said much or done much. It almost scared you how quiet he was.

"Why are you doing this John? What's in it for you?" You walked calmly and sat next to him on the sofa. He smelled awful, like alcohol and cigarettes. He was drinking straight from the bottle of whiskey. Typical.

"You're mine. Not his. That fucker doesn't deserve someone as perfect as you" he spoke softly, slurring, but with twinge of anger.

"I don't belong to you John. We dated for a while but I don't love you and I never did. I've always loved Patrick. So why won't you just let me go"

"I thought that if I got rid of your family that you would finally be mine" he stopped talking. Catching himself. Tears wavered in your eyes. Your face started burning with anger.

"Uh...um I didn't mean that I meant, I-I mean when your family was gone I thought y-you'd be all mine" he was blushing from drinking too much but you knew what he meant.

He had killed your family.

You stood up and started to walk away from him. "You monster. How could you, my siblings......you're disgusting" you screamed, your voice shaking as you turned to him. He took big gulps of the drink before staring you right in the eyes and speaking.

"I guess we're gonna play a game of truth or dare then. I'll go first. I watched you. For a long time actually. When you first moved to California. I saw how depressed you were. And then you made a friend. I knew her. Sweet girl." He ran his fingers through his hair and walked towards you.

"I thought you were the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. You were so sad, I wanted you for myself. And I wanted to get rid of anyone that got in the way of that. That just so happened to be your family" he hiccuped and smirked at you. Throwing the bottle of whiskey. It slammed against the wall across the room, alcohol and glass spraying across the floor.

"I did it for you baby doll. And then you repaid me by running away to some fucker in Chicago? That's not very nice you know"

He grabbed you by the jaw, his fingers digging in. His breath smelled awful. You almost gagged.

"I'll never love you. If you make it out of this alive you're going to prison for a long time" you gritted out.

His fingers dug in deeper.

"Try me bitch. There's no one here to help you" he leaned down to kiss you and you landed a punch square in his jaw.

You scrambled to catch your footing before running to the back of the house frantically looking for a way out but he had locked the doors and bolted them shut.

"Oh you've done it now princess" he stomped over to you. Grabbing you by the throat and shoving you to the floor. He stood over you and pulled your face to his by your hair. "I don't fucking care if you'll never love me. You're just like all of the other whores."

He picked you up by your shirt, practically dragging you to the bedroom upstairs, throwing you on the bed.

"Don't fucking move or I'll kill you and all of your friends. I'm sure that fucker wouldn't appreciate all of his friends dying for a whore like you. I bet he doesn't even really love you like I do"