1

•• Kaylyn's POV ••

"Bye mama, I love you." I said to my mom while kissing her on the cheek

"Bye Kaylyn," she started to tear up, "I'm so proud of you and I bet your father would be too." By now she was full on bawling her eyes out and opened her arms up to engulf me in a huge hug.

I just finished high school and I'm moving from Georgia to sunny California, so I can begin college and pursue my dreams of dancing. I've always loved the idea of dancing since I could walk, and now I get to work to make it my lifelong profession.

Think about when you're really stressed out and decide to take a bath, read a book, and all that good stuff, dancing is my take a bath or read a book. It takes up a huge chunk of my life and I don't know what I'd do without it.

My mom has supported me all the way through paying for all my classes that I've taken when I was younger, even when she had the the slightest amount of money to her name. She was there through everything and I wouldn't be here without her. It's really hard for my mom to let go, especially when it's her 17 year old daughter moving from the east coast to the west coast.

Oh, 17 and already graduated you may ask? I'm quite the smarticle, if I do say so myself.

My mom and I released from the hug and a tear fell from my eyes. I'm going to be miles away from my mom, who's living by herself and is struggling so much, yet is so strong to allow her daughter to be across the country to fulfill her dreams. She's what I want to be as I grow even older into adulthood: a strong and independent woman.

I gave her a small smile and reached down to grab my bags and head over to the terminal to catch my flight. She gave me a reassuring smile back and waved one last goodbye before I turned around and headed to board the plane.

••

The plane ride was pretty chill. It was mainly me shaking and quivering in excitement and anxiousness since I've never been anywhere outside of Georgia. The closest I've been to California was googling pictures of it in the comfort of my own home.

The person I was sitting next to probably thought I was a crazy person, but who cares? I'll never see them again in my life.

I calmed down a bit and decided to take a nap for the long flight ahead. I laid my head against the window and looked out the window and soaked in the calming view of the clouds, and then my eyes slowly came to a close.

••

I made it. I made it where all dreams begin.

Endless years of saving up money and using an overwhelming amount of mason jars to hold it all has really paid off.

Right now is the start of where I want to be.

But to start my dreams, I need my luggage.

I went over to baggage claim and waited a bit for my bags to come around on that spinning thing. Boy does that take a long time.

All my bags finally came around and I headed out to see if I could catch a taxi to the condo I was planning to live in until I get married pretty much. I seemed to have everything set for coming to California EXCEPT for getting a ride when I get off the plane. Luckily, there were two available taxi drivers that seemed as if they knew I forgot to find a ride. I chose a random driver and he already knew to take my bags since I was about to open and ask him. He kindly opened the door for me and headed to to driver's seat.

As we were driving, I looked out the window and took in all the beautiful Cali scenery. The super tall palm trees, the clear blue sky, some beaches with the bluest water, and the sunshine glistening all over the state.

It was honestly so beautiful and made me even all the more excited to finally be here, since this is my new home!

I decided to plug in some headphones and take a little nap before this peaceful ride comes to an end...