Chapter 9 - Road Trip

Chapter 9 – Road Trip

For the next week there wasn't a day that went by where they didn't either text or facetime with one another. Their conversations usually consisted of how their day had been, or what they would be doing later and one of them usually said how much they missed the other. Dustin also asked about what upcoming concerts she would be attending, she mentioned that Chase Rice would be playing The Norva in January, but she hadn't gotten tickets to it yet. Sadie never got tired of seeing his face show up on her screen during their facetiming, that gorgeous smile smiling back at her was sight for sore eyes.

A few days before Thanksgiving when Dustin had another couple days off, he came back to visit Sadie. As soon as she saw him walk through the doors of work, she ran to him and wrapped her arms around him so tight, he lifted her off the ground and said "I told you I'd come back when I could." Sadie couldn't wait to spend the day with him again, she just didn't know what they would do or where they would go, but it didn't matter as long as they were together. Once they got to his car before he opened the passenger door for her, he took her in his arms again and said "I miss being able to do this, but you know what I missed most?" "I have a hunch," she answered with a grin. Their lips came together in a very tender kiss, Sadie felt the butterflies in her stomach, it was still overwhelming to her that she finally had someone special in her life that made her heart skip a beat.

They decided to just go to Sadie's place for now, but later they would head out to see another one of her local bands. Since he had really enjoyed the one they saw last time, he had even tweeted their group photo from that night. When they arrived they turned on lifetime with the intensions of watching a movie, but not long after the movie started it turned into a major make out session on the couch. After all they had a lot of catching up to do with not seeing each other for over a week. Dustin was aware of her innocence and her wishes to wait til marriage to be intimate, he respected her wishes and it actually was something that made him like her even more. Once at the bar with the band later that night they had fun and even danced again. The night ended too soon and Dustin had to get back on the road to go home for Thanksgiving. On thanksgiving day Sadie got a text from him simply saying "I'm thankful that you are in my life."

When the month of December came around Sadie had a friend visiting from Winchester, Virginia whom she hadn't seen in ages. Lissa was one of the few people she had told about her involvement with Dustin. Lissa had been hoping while she was in town that there would be a concert to go to, but there wasn't, luckily there was always a local band playing. During the day of the 3rd, Sadie got a facetime from Dustin.

Dustin "you and your friend having fun?"

Sadie "we sure are, hey Lissa come say hi."

Lissa "Hi, oh my gosh dude your awesome, I love your song to the sky"

Dustin "thank you"

Lissa "that's all I wanted to say, I'll let you two get back to it."

Dustin "wait I actually have a question for both of you."

Sadie and Lissa "Really?!"

Dustin "are you ladies up for a road trip? I'm playing in Raleigh tomorrow night which isn't too far from you, I got two tickets with backstage passes with ya'll name on it if you can make it."

Sadie "oh my gosh seriously! That sounds great."

Lissa "I'm down for a road trip, let's do it."

With that said they started planning their 3-hour road trip for the next day They were both super excited, but Sadie was the most excited she was missing him terribly and couldn't wait to be close to him again.

They left midday on Friday, for the long journey they had plenty of snacks and of course an awesome playlist. They jammed out to Brantley Gilbert, Thomas Rhett, Chris Lane, Miranda Lambert and Lissa's personal favorite Chase Rice. She was thrilled when they finally crossed the North Carolina state line, which is when she sent Dustin a quick text saying where they were. Which he responded with how he couldn't wait for her to get there so he could wrap her in his arms again, she too couldn't wait to feel his warm embrace.

When they reached the venue and parked it was still abit early, so she sent him another text saying they had arrived and before she knew it they were being escorted to where all the tour buses were. She spotted him standing in front of his bus looking adorable as always. They greet one another with a long tight hug, then his band members step off the bus and start chatting with Lissa. So Dustin and Sadie get on the bus to have a few moments to themselves. Once alone he immediately pulls her in for a deep and passionate kiss, his lips had become an addiction to her, and they always left her wanting more. The steamy make-out session made its way to the couch, he laid her down slowly. He happened to be wearing a button down shirt, so Sadie unbuttons it about halfway down as she feels his smooth skin under her fingers, he response to this by gently kissing her neck.

They eventually somehow managed to pull away from one another as it was almost time for him to go to the meet and greet and VIP set. Where the two had meet just 3 weeks ago. Had it really only been that long, it had seemed longer, it was really amazing how things could change in such a short time. As they step off the bus, they see Lissa and his band still chatting and having a good time. One of Dustin's band members, the one with the long hair, looks at him and says, "dude you missed a button" "oh oops" Dustin says as he starts to blush and fixes it. Lissa walks over to Sadie to inform her that her hair was a bit out of place as well, she to blushes as she fixes it.

Once they go inside the venue, Sadie and Lissa go to their seats and prepare for the show, it was a much warmer venue than where she had seen the tour the first time. The show was awesome as to be expected, there was a moment during his encore with the song "Hell of a Night" he looked at her and sang the lyrics, I'm a sucker for your kiss, wanna steal 'em from your lips baby, like a crook.

After the show, they got to go back to the tour bus area, she runs over to him and says "you don't have to steal them, babe" as she plants a little kiss on his lips. Lissa catches up to them and declares how from beginning to end the show kicked butt.

Dustin "thanks, glad you had fun, and I actually have one more surprise for you two up my sleeve"

Sadie "really?! I can't imagine what it could be, plus this one will be hard to top."

Dustin "I know it's a bit early, but I wanted to get you a Christmas present, and I wanted you to get it before you wind up buying it yourself." As he pulls out his phone and makes a facetime call.

Sadie "oh my gosh, no way, Lissa come look who it is!"

Lissa "Holy Shit....Chase!!"

Chase Rice "Hey Sadie, I've heard quite a bit about you, and to keep this short, I'll be seeing you and your friend January 7th at the Norva, there will be 2 tickets and meet and greets at will call with your name on them"

Sadie "oh my gosh, thank you, I can't wait!"

The call ended shortly after.

Dustin "I figured concert tickets would be the best thing to get you."

Sadie "you would be correct sir, but now I have no clue what to get you"

Dustin "you've already given it to me, you are the best present a guy could ask for"

At this point Chris Lane and his band come out of there bus and start chillin' with Lissa while Sadie and Dustin go back on his bus for a bit more cuddle time before they both have to hit the road. when it was time to leave she was sad not knowing for sure when she would see him again but he promised sometime before Christmas. On their 3-hour car ride back home Sadie closed her eyes and smiled, had someone told her a month ago that in this short time she would be in an amazing relationship with a wonderful man, she wouldn't have believed them, she was truly blessed.