Chapter 14 - The ACM awards

Chapter 14 – the ACM awards

"Wow! I am without a doubt going to be the luckiest guy on the red carpet!" Dustin exclaimed as soon as her saw Sadie in the dress she picked for her first ever award show. It was a simple sleeveless black dress that went past her knee and had a slit up her leg, and it hugged her curves just right, plus she accessorized it with some great jewelry pieces. "You clean up pretty nice yourself cowboy," Sadie spoke as she checked him out in his tux and his black cowboy hat that she'd never seen him in.

They headed out to get in the limo that was escorting them to the show. When they pulled up there were people and cameras everywhere. They stepped out of the limo arm in arm, as flashes were going off left and right. They started their stroll up the carpet, until he stopped for his first interview with some folks. Sadie just stood on the side for most of them, her eyes kept looking all around to see who she could spot. Holy shit there's Jason Aldean! She thought to herself as he was coming her way, Dustin made the introductions and she couldn't help but tell him how many times she'd seen him live and that she'd been a fan from the very beginning. The next interview on the carpet happened to be with Katie Cook from CMT and Sadie got pulled in to that interview, "so this is the one you were speaking of the last time we spoke" Katie asked Dustin. "Yes Ma'am, doesn't she look amazing? I'm one lucky guy" Dustin spoke pulling Sadie in close, "I'm the lucky one" Sadie spoke while sweetly smiling at him. "Aww how sweet, you two make such a cute couple" Katie said, "thank you" they said in unison. The next person they ran into was Kelsea Ballerini, who when she saw them came over pretty quickly.

Kelsea "hi I'm so excited to finally meet you, I've heard a lot about you and how my song brought you two together"

Sadie "I'm thrilled to meet you too! And yes it did!"

Kelsea "that was the coolest thing that I've ever been a part of, so thank you so much, hope to see you again soon."

Sadie "you are very welcome, and I hope so too!"

Kelsea gave her a big hug and then was on her way. There was still a bit further down the carpet before they would be inside, oh my gosh that's Rascal Flatts, and wait is that...Carrie Underwood! Sadie was trying to keep her cool, but she felt like a kid in a candy store. Once they made it inside and went to find their seats, they saw who they would be sitting next to, "ahhh are we seriously sitting next to Brad?!" Sadie exclaimed as she saw the names on the chairs, "looks like it" Dustin said as they sat down. It wasn't long before Brad and his wife came and took their seats, Sadie nearly fainted as Dustin made the introductions. Surprisingly she didn't forget how to talk in front of him, it was the exact opposite, she couldn't stop talking. From telling him how many times she had seen him live and about the guitar pick he tossed her the previous year, she probably talked his ear off. Luckily she eventually piped down, as the show would soon be starting.

When it came to award shows, Sadie loved it all from the performance to the awards given out, but her favorite part was the monologue. The host this year, Luke and Dierks, were hilarious they had her laughing all throughout the night. During some of the performances she was really rocking out, she hoped the cameras hadn't been on her for those moments. Once the show was over they said their goodbyes to Brad and made their way out, there were a lot of people there so it took a while to get through the crowd. A bunch of the artist were heading to after parties, but they went back to the hotel room that they were staying in for the weekend.

The next day they headed back to Virginia, during the flight back Dustin mentioned how she had a birthday coming up the following month. "We both have birthday's next month" she reminded him, hers was on the 1st of May, same day as Tim McGraw's and his was on the 14th. She was really hoping they would get to spend them both together, this would be the first birthday she had someone special to celebrate it with. "Will you be able to join me on mine?" she asked him, "Yes ma'am, now to find just the right gift for you" he answered with a secret smile on his face. "You are the best present a girl could ask for" she responded leaning in for a quick kiss, afterwards she bite her lip and they locked eyes. "and you are definitely the best gift I could have ever hoped for" he told her pulling her in for a much longer kiss.

When she got back home and checked what was happening on Facebook, a lot of stuff from the awards show, from the winners to the best and worst dressed. However, there was one story that was pretty popular, the headlines read Dustin Lynch shows off his girlfriend on the red carpet. And so it begins she thought to herself, which didn't bother her at all. That was something she would have to get use to if she wanted to be in his life, and she wanted nothing more than to be with him for the rest of her life.

Sadie's ACM dress

http://www.luulla.com/product/343764/sexy-side-slid-black-sleeveless-sheath-dress