Part 4

Okay. Here’s the drill.

               I had an evil plan.

       In order to prove my hypothesis about the curse, I needed to do something with the other female’s hair in our family. My mom was out of the question. I wouldn’t risk myself messing around with her. It was the same as digging my own grave. And Jessie? No. Unfortunately she was away for a field trip and would come back next week. This was an emergency situation; I couldn’t wait that long. So my poor target was my cousin, Molly, who would come over to our house tonight. Why did I choose her? Because I assumed kid’s intelligence was way below the adults and probably I could easily trap her. Ha ha.

       Uncle Jim and Molly arrived right before dinner. Mom was busy baking pie for dessert in the kitchen and dad was slouching on the couch while watching a baseball match on TV with Jayson--they wouldn't shift an inch even if there were a nuclear explosion outside--so I voluntarily approached the door when I heard several knocks.

       “Hi, Uncle. Long time no see,” I greeted as I welcomed the guests, waiting for his response.

       “Jordan my boy!” he screamed, giving me a ‘brotherly’ hug and some hard pats on my back. Damn, I thought. He also recognized me as a boy. The whole world had become insane; not only in my area!

       I glanced down at Molly, who was throwing me a wicked smirk while twirling her pigtail. For your information, she was not a sweet girl, but more of an annoying little brat. She always pointed her middle finger at me when her dad didn’t see. I waited until the adults gathered in the living room after dinner—they were going to discuss about inheritance or something; a boring topic I wasn’t interested in. I caught Molly reading Spiderman comic alone in the dining room, and walked up to her.

       “Psst! Molls...” I called her out. She turned around, showing me a grumpy expression which made anyone who saw it wanted to slap her across the face.

       “What do you want motherf**ker?” she snapped.

       “Holy shit, where did you learn that word?” I cried. If my mom ever heard me talking like that she would brush my mouth with an antiseptic soap, seriously.

       “Someone on telly said that,” she replied innocently.

       “That’s not what good girl says, okay? Anyways, I have a great offer for you,” I began, trying to sound convincing. Molly squinted and squealed,

        “Are you trying to molest me? Daaaaad!”

       “Ssshhh! No! I just want to play with you. I have an interesting game.”

       “More interesting than Resident Evil?”

       Oh wow. Uncle Jim surely had implemented an awesome parenting by introducing her to violence in such a young age. She was still seven year-old and already played zombie-killing game? Impressive. My dad only allowed me to play Tetris when I was her age.

       “Yes, yes. The game’s called ‘Barbershop’. I become the hair stylist and you’re the customer. How does that sound? Fun, right?” I said with a fake sweet tone. She frowned with disgust expression.

       “That’s the most boring game I’ve ever heard. You’re pathetic, Jordan. Just leave me alone and get a life! I’m busy with Spidey.”

       “Are you sure? If you play with me I’ll give you Twinkies.”

       Molly’s expression changed. She blinked her eyes at me in excitement as she heard me saying Twinkies. Ha ha. I was smart! I knew that she would do anything for that golden sponge cake.