3 - unpredictable

I woke up to the sound of my alarm beeping. I groan as I roll over to turn it off. I look at the time and see that it's seven am. I sit up and rub my tired eyes, got out of bed and walked over to my closet to pick to my clothes for the day. I look towards the window in my room to see the sky is grey and the trees are slightly pushed by the wind. I grab a black pair of leggings and my plain white crew neck sweater. I take my clothes with me into the bathroom so I can change once I'm finished with my shower. 

I unlock my phone and press shuffle on my music as I begin to have a shower concert. Once I'm done I dry myself off and apply my lavender lotion on my body before getting dressed. I go against wearing makeup seeing that it's already seven fifty. Once I'm dressed I pack my bag with my literature and psychology books. I walk into the living room placing my bag onto the couch when I hear a slight knock at the door. I look from the door to the clock, confused as to who would be knocking on my door at eight in the morning. I walk over to the door and to my surprise, see Ashton with his hair tied back into a man bun with a bag of coffee in his hand. 

"I thought you might need this" he says extending his arm out to hand me the bag. "Thanks" I smile. I take the bag into the kitchen and place it on the counter, as Ashton has invited himself in. I see him looking around and staring at my photo frames before catching me. "So what are you doing today?" he asks me. "I have class" I say simply. 

As much as I wanted to talk to him, there was no way I was going to be late to my first class on my first day. "Do you need a ride?" he asks me. I think for a second, the campus is only a five minute walk from the apartment and driving would be a lot faster, but seems like a waste of gas. "I was actually planning on walking to class today" I say turning away from him to grab my bag off the couch and throwing the strap over my shoulder. "No, I'll drive you, besides it looks like it's going to rain today anyways" he insists. I look over at the window to see the sky has gotten darker. I simply nod my head and accept his offer, I didn't want to get caught in the rain. 

"Let me just grab my keys and change" he says before leaving the apartment. I take my keys and follow him out after slipping on my white nike shoes, locking the door behind me. Within five minutes he's dressed and ready to go. He wore a pair of black joggers that hung loosely around his waist and a tan long sleeve shirt. His hair was still in a bun. I hated the look of man buns, but it looked perfect on him. "Alright let's go" he says. 

I follow him into the elevator and we take it down to the parking garage. The drive is quiet, but it's comfortable. By the time I get to campus it's already eight forty and I have enough time to be early for my first class. "Do you need a ride after class?" he asks me as I get out of the car. I shake my head, "I'm okay, I'm going to meet up with a friend after class" I say. The expression on his face looks slightly hurt, before it changes. "Well see you later then" his tone of voice changing, catching me off guard. He drives away and leaves me confused, but I don't think anything of it as I make my way to my first class. 

Once I get there, there are a few students scattered throughout the classroom. I look around to see if I can find anyone to sit next to or a row that is completely empty. As I scan the room I see a familiar boy sitting to the side all alone. "Calum right?" I ask walking over to him, remembering him from yesterday. I hoped it was him, because if not then this is going to be a really awkward conversation. He looks up at me and smiles, "that's me, you're the girl who just moved into the apartment right next to Ash right?" he asks me. I nod my head. "Is it okay if I sit here" I ask pointing to the seat next to him, he nods his head and I take the seat. 

"So, I didn't take you for the guy to be in a literature class" I say organizing my book onto the desk. "I needed an elective, and this was the only class left. Besides, I like writing, it eases the mind" he says. "What do you write?" I ask trying to make conversation. "Mostly short stories, tragedies, romance, I've tried writing science fiction before but it's too hard for me" he says making me laugh.