CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE:

PLATFORM 9 3/4

        IT WAS A CRISP DAY IN LONDON AS A YOUNG GIRL and her mother walked through a busy platform. Time was of the essence, the train would soon depart and Seren couldn't miss it. However, Seren and her mother lost her brother along the way. 

"Where did your brother go?" Seren's mum huffed in anger, dragging the trolley holding her school luggage while the young girl carried her cat, Lucifer. Seren's mum was very upset when she named him that, she said that wasn't a very great name for a cat. "Going to run off without saying goodbye... To hang out with his troublesome ..."

She paused, and Seren stopped and gasped, looking up at the red brick wall they had stopped in front of. This was it.

"Go along, dear," Seren's mum said, smiling down at the thirteen year old brunette. "Go on through, I'll be right behind you."

Seren held onto Lucifer tightly, closing her eyes for a moment before running into the wall. Well, she didn't run into it, rather through it. Seren smiled as she came to the other side: Platform 9 and 3/4. Seren had come here the previous year when her mum and dad dragged her there to say goodbye to her brother.

A hand fell onto the small girl's head and she looked up and smiled at her mother. She was beautiful.

"But mum-" Seren mumbled, tugging on her robes. "I don't want to go, I want to stay at home with you. Pa is sick and you need me. Isn't that why you made me stop attending Beauxbatons, to be at home and watch over pa?"

Her mum stared down at her with a small smile, crouching down beside her daughter. "Don't worry Seren, your father has me to take care of him. However, your brother needs you around. You and your brother will be fine at Hogwarts, together."

Seren furrowed her eyebrows in a scowl. "But he has friends, mum. He made friends the last two years and I won't have anyone!"

"Your brother loves you and he won't let you out of his sight, Seren. Go on," she kissed Seren's forehead, pushing her towards the door to the Hogwarts Express. "Go learn from the fabulous Albus Dumbledore, my darling!"

Seren stepped onto the train with her luggage, turning to wave goodbye at her mum.

She was going to miss her mum and pa, I hope pa would be alright.

◬ ◬ ◬

       SEREN BIT HER LIP BEFORE SCURRYING down the hallways of the train cars, trying to find her brother. Each car she entered was full and she couldn't recognise a single person. Where was he?

The young girl heard a shriek as a cloud of smoke came from one of the rooms. "SIRIUS BLACK, JAMES POTTER, AND LUPIN REMUS I WILL MURDER YOU-" the compartment door flew open and three boys tumbled out from within, laughing.

Seren gasped as she saw her brother and his friends laughing at the girl in the doorway, whose face was covered in soot.

"Oh hey, Seren!" Her brother yelled, tumbling over to greet her. Where was Seren's brother? In his place was a bumbling idiot.

An idiot.

Seren kept her face expressionless as she stared down her brother. The brother she knew was responsible. He would apologise a thousand times if he didn't hold the door open for someone.

"You didn't say bye to mum," Seren said flatly, her face emotionless to make sure her brother knew that she wasn't happy with his antics. First he doesn't say bye to mum and then causes havoc on the train?!

Remus cleared his throat, "Seren, this is James Potter and Sirius Black. Boys, meet my little sister, Seren Lupin."

The young girl scowled at her brother, "little sister? I'm your twin, you twat."

◬   ◬.  ◬
I hope you like it so far!