CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN:

SOUR AFTERTASTE ↵

        SEREN KNEW THAT HER HAIR WAS FINE and would be covered in a cap but did she need makeup... or would she be fine without? She didn't want to look like she was trying too hard. Rather, look natural. With a firm nod to herself, she raised her wand and let magic help her.

Barely a minute had passed and Seren studied herself in the mirror, surprised with how well she looked. She looked pretty, actually.

She hurried herself up, pulling on her hat and scarf, studying her outfit. She wore a thick green sweater, topped off with her black leggings, hat, and scarf. Easy for sports and perfect for the cooling weather.

She was glad that the girls in her dorm were down in the hall eating breakfast still, she didn't want them making a fuss over her going out with a Slytherin.

It's not a date, she scolded herself as she ran down the flight of stairs from her dormitory and into the large halls that would lead her outdoors.

Seren rushed down the hill, ignoring the few strange stares she got. No one really thought much to the girl who stuck her head in books. But Seren Lupin? With a broomstick in hand? Everyone was curious. 

Seren didn't mind what other students at Hogwarts thought of herself, she knew that she was a bookworm that occasionally could be "cool". She rather kept her attention to keep Remus' reputation on the good side. But, with being friends with Sirius Black and James Potter, Remus was more popular than Seren would have liked. Being a werewolf could be difficult to hide and even though Professor Dumbledore had a system for Remus, one day it would fail. 

Seren noticed Lucius' blond hair in the distance and hurried up, thrumming her fingers on her broom nervously. 

"Good morning, love." Lucius called out, holding a quaffle in hand as he greeted the Gryffindor girl. "Ready to get your arse kicked?"

Seren snorted as she approached the tall blond, a grin in place as she grabbed the quaffle from him. "Not going to happen, Malfoy." She smirked up at him, noticing how much taller he was than her and how her head barely reached his shoulders.