CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

(    word count:   1,150   )

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:

A MISTAKE?

         AFTER SHE CRIED FOR SIX MINUTES straight, she pulled away from her friend. Sirius Black let his arms fall off of her waist after holding her close. The young girl wiped the tears from her eyes and looked at the Gryfindor in front of her. 

Her heart ached from what had happened and what was occurring in front of her. This tender moment almost made her cry again. 

But she did not. 

She leaned close to Sirius and placed a lingering kiss on his cheek. She pulled back slightly, staring deeply into his grey eyes. "Thank you, for not being an arse for once."

"A-Anytime." Sirius replied breathlessly. His heart was beating out of his chest with the close contact with Seren. It was strange... He was no stranger to women, why was she affecting him so?

She smiled at him, moving away from him. "Goodnight, Sirius." The heat she had felt from him dissipated, leaving her wanting to stay. But she couldn't– she was dating Lucius.  

As she ran up the stairs to the girl's dormitory she missed the dazed look in Sirius' eyes. How his fingers reached up to lightly touch where she kissed him.

He was falling hard for his best friends sister.

•   •   •

          A FEW WEEKS HAD PAST FROM SEREN'S cry session in Sirius' arms. The two of them hadn't seen each other. It may have been because Seren was still dating Lucius and that infuriated Sirius to no end. 

He held her that night while she cried in his arms... Why had she cried if she was staying with him? Did she not realise that Lucius would be the end of her? 

Sirius sighed as he let his head fall back onto the stone wall he sat against. He was waiting for James and Remus to get out of class. The cool stone against his neck soothed him in the dwindling heat of summer. September was at an end and October's crisp breeze would soon be upon them. Two months had gone by fast since the start of the year.