All I Ask ||8||

We made it to another Christmas. You planned out a whole celebration, enormous romantic gestures and everything. It almost swept me away. Almost. Except, I had changed. You had changed. We had changed.

But that didn't seem to matter to you. You were to entrapped in the holiday spirit. I would've found it cute if I weren't so distracted. The day before, when I was still at work, something big had happened. I never told you about it because I knew how furious you would've been. I'm telling you now.

I was staying after late. So was Blaise. We decided to grab some cocoa together at the coffee shop next door. I asked how he was doing.

"Alright," he smiled gently, "you?"

"Okay," I grinned, "you're sister doing better?"

He nodded, "Much. It's a good thing, too. Kim was going crazy without her."

"Kim?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Our dog," he explained, "we got her together after college. When we got our apartment."

"So you're a dog person, huh? Me, too. My lab, Ris, passed away a few months ago," I looked at the ground, "and, God, I miss him..."

All the sudden, Blaise pulled me against him. He held me until I stopped crying. I left without another word. I liked it just a little to much so I went home to you and tried to convince myself that that was what I needed. You, me, us...