All I Ask ||10||

Lark. My songbird. It's been so long since I last said those words. I'm going to tell you why. Because, you're right. You do deserve an explanation. 

You see, I knew from the moment we had our first fight that something was different. That something about you and me had changed. Maybe I knew even earlier than that. Maybe I knew from the beginning that we didn't fit. 

But I'm like you. I denied what was plain to see. But maybe for not as long. When you came home that Christmas I could see it in your eyes. You were having that urge. For him. 

I became bitter. I didn't want to be that guy again. Your reading of me...it was correct. I usually was the one to be cheated on. That's why I'm do jealous. Or was, for that matter. I didn't want that to happen again.

But you wouldn't have acted on those feelings. I realize that now. I also realize that I never really knew you that well. I guess I didn't take to time to find out what you were like. Maybe if I had, we wouldn't be where we are today. 

Even though it was painful and sad, I think some good came out of it. I learned something. And you...you found him. You found your fire. Your Blaise. 

And he found his songbird.