Chapter One

Sitting in the back of the class, 16 year old Melissa Shay, observers the math teacher go over square root.

She glances over at Timothy Poll, a 17 year old boy with shaggy dark, dark brown hair almost black. His light blue eyes stare down a slightly crumbled sheet of notebook paper graffitied with unique pencil marks. His faded t-shirt reads 'Cannibal Corpse'. His dark blue jeans are ripped, almost to shreds. His sneakers aren't any brand, a simple muddy black shoe.

Melissa feels her face getting warm, and quickly darts her eyes away staring at her closed composition book. ' Lissa Gray. Math '.

The bell startled her. She looked around as students around her filed out.

After the class had cleared one other person was left in the room, Timothy Poll. It was obvious he had fallen asleep, and the bell made no dent in waking him.

Melissa thought about waking him. She got up, and nervously walked up to him. She tapped his arm, and then shook it.

" Huh?!," he said raising up. Melissa just stood there silently staring at him. "What?," he asked eyeing her, "What?!" It was not that she did not want to talk, it was that she could not. "Girl?," he asked. "Girl, do hear me?," he asked waving his hand in front of her face. "I'm not blind," she replied quietly. "Ah, you do speak," he said sarcastically.  She nodded slowly. "Ha," he laughed. "Your a riot red," he joked tugging on her dark red hair.

After he had gotten up and left Melissa stood in the silent classroom thinking about what he had said. "Yeah," she thought smiling,"A riot."